Chase: no money allowed to transfer out of USA starting Nov. 17th

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are saying that Murdoch is a trustworthy source. hahahahahahahahahahaha Wow, Okey, I'm afraid this is goodbye. Ignored.

Both the FT and the WSJ are authoritative sources for information and debate on finance and economics. The Economist is good as well plus the New York Times.

The problem with all now is that one has to pay for open online access and one cannot afford all.

The free sites Bloomberg and CNBC always useful for researching specific companies, sector and market trends.

Or you could just contact Chase directly to find out from the horses mouth.

The letter from Chase.

Yes but nothing like real verification when one contacts them directly oneself. Given technology these days can't imagine its that difficult to make a letter say pretty much anything.

Unless of course you received this letter yourself Tywais?

Also I notice this letter says Business Select customers, I see no implication it applies to retail customers?

SBK is absolutely right, this applies to certain small business accounts. Other business accounts of Chase have costs associated per outging wire (Performance Business Checking accounts) or allow a small number of free wire and charge for any further wires (Platinum). And then you can look at the corporate acocunts which mention nothing about limiting outgoing wires

Another poster said it already: this is to upgrade small business to higher cost business accounts, if they need to do wires => business as usual

But of course... dooms day'ers and conspiracy theorists see this as the first sign of the US of A - or at least Chase - going bancrupt and thus having to stop money outflow from the US... that is why they give you a 1.5 month advanced warning...

The letter from Chase.

Yes but nothing like real verification when one contacts them directly oneself. Given technology these days can't imagine its that difficult to make a letter say pretty much anything.

Also I notice this letter says Business Select customers, I see no implication it applies to retail customers?

SBK is absolutely right, this applies to certain small business accounts. Other business accounts of Chase have costs associated per outging wire (Performance Business Checking accounts) or allow a small number of free wire and charge for any further wires (Platinum). And then you can look at the corporate acocunts which mention nothing about limiting outgoing wires

Another poster said it already: this is to upgrade small business to higher cost business accounts, if they need to do wires => business as usual

But of course... dooms day'ers and conspiracy theorists see this as the first sign of the US of A - or at least Chase - going bancrupt and thus having to stop money outflow from the US... that is why they give you a 1.5 month advanced warning...

this phone call made to Chase in which they confirmed these new rules

• Like 1

If the US introduced capital controls then the USD would no longer be the World's reserve currency, something the US relies on to maintain hegemonic power.

Alex Jones is a nutjob of the highest order.

• Like 1

yeah . look at the quality of the sources - first rate and totally unpartisan media outlets like Alex Jones and Ron Paul

Hasn't been picked up by one reputable news source. Somehow I think if it was real, we might have seen a bit of a sell-off in the markets and a massive uptick in the gold price, especially as those reports are a day or so old.

FYI, Chase Bank has verified the letters went out to their clients. You can attack the news source, but you cannot attack the FACT that it is taking place. So keep denying that capital controls are coming. Every failing economy in history has implemented capital controls as their currency failed, but I'm sure this time it will be different. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

You know someone is losing a debate when they decide to ignore every opposing argument and only listen to those who agree with him.

The OP is well named.

No, I ignore people when they rant and rave about a news story because of the source. At least do some due diligence before you go tilting at windmills. I did and the story is true, along with the FACT that HSBC is implementing similar controls in the near future. So, go back to your rant while the rest of us act accordingly.

• Like 1

yeah . look at the quality of the sources - first rate and totally unpartisan media outlets like Alex Jones and Ron Paul

Hasn't been picked up by one reputable news source. Somehow I think if it was real, we might have seen a bit of a sell-off in the markets and a massive uptick in the gold price, especially as those reports are a day or so old.

FYI, Chase Bank has verified the letters went out to their clients. You can attack the news source, but you cannot attack the FACT that it is taking place. So keep denying that capital controls are coming. Every failing economy in history has implemented capital controls as their currency failed, but I'm sure this time it will be different. coffee1.gif

It is the small business accounts which are not anymore offered / allowed free outgoing wire transfers. All other business accounts still can do! This is NOT capital control, this is no more freeservice

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is the small business accounts which are not anymore offered / allowed free outgoing wire transfers. All other business accounts still can do! This is NOT capital control, this is no more freeservice

Did I say ALL ACCOUNTS?

i don't understand the guy in the video - the bank (as a commercial enterprise, not a charity) is just trying to increase the fees it charges for big (and therefore most expensive to service) transfer out of the bank - what is so strange about that? (banks make profit from the interest on deposits, so less deposits = less profits - why wouldn't they incentivize depositors to leave their cash in the bank?...

The letter from Chase.

Seems like the information now coming in is making it clearer and is not the doomsday scenario some feel it may be. Maybe? smile.png

Did I say ALL ACCOUNTS?

Fancy that!

Did I say ALL ACCOUNTS?

So we're agreed then? All that is happening is that the bank is trying to upgrade accounts, stop a free service on lower value accounts and that there are no capital controls.

• Like 2

Did I say ALL ACCOUNTS?

No, you did not say that. But you use the term capital control which is completely wrong. Chase has decided that small business accounts will not be allowed to do anymore free wire transfers, but every account holder can upgrade his account (and pay more) and continue to do wire transfers

• Like 1

Oh Lordy . . we have a New World Order type amongst us.

It doesn't matter what news outlet we provide you, because you will have some sort of conspiracy connected reason why it's not to be believed. Presumably the BBC is not to be trusted because of some kind of British ruling class thing being connected to jewish bankers . . am I right?

And yet you choose to believe libertynews.com, Alec Jones and the Iranian state media.

You couldn't make it up.

I have never said I believe Liberty news.com. Why. Because I've never heard of it, Laurel. You're really living up to your avatar. I have not presented any conspiracies. I've simply pointed out that I don't believe Rupurt Murdoch and large banks, who control what's disseminated on the outlets you like. If you do, I pity you. Neither do I believe Alec (sic) Jones because he mixes a lot of hyperbole and hogwash in with some truth and it's hard to tell what's what. It's no wonder you swallow everything on CNBC, etc with your inability to comprehend a simple post.

And let me remind you, I started this thread looking for answers. I don't have time to teach people who have a teach me if you can attitude. So this is goodbye. Gotta go find the iggy button. I suggest others do the same.

Yep that is what ignore buttons are made for.

Basically if you have a problem with international banking and the bankster ways of operating every SG and their dog will come out and try for a bite. This laurel guy is just one of their little party faithful. Banks can do no wrong. The merchant class are all-wise and all knowing for our eternal benefit etc etc.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what news outlet we provide you, because you will have some sort of conspiracy connected reason why it's not to be believed. Presumably the BBC is not to be trusted because of some kind of British ruling class thing being connected to jewish bankers . . am I right?

And yet you choose to believe libertynews.com, Alec Jones and the Iranian state media.

You couldn't make it up.

"Oh Lordy . . we have a New World Order type amongst us."

New World Order type is one way of putting it.

youre-right-conspiracy-nuts-politics-136

You couldn't make it up.

I have never said I believe Liberty news.com. Why. Because I've never heard of it, Laurel. You're really living up to your avatar. I have not presented any conspiracies. I've simply pointed out that I don't believe Rupurt Murdoch and large banks, who control what's disseminated on the outlets you like. If you do, I pity you. Neither do I believe Alec (sic) Jones because he mixes a lot of hyperbole and hogwash in with some truth and it's hard to tell what's what. It's no wonder you swallow everything on CNBC, etc with your inability to comprehend a simple post.

And let me remind you, I started this thread looking for answers. I don't have time to teach people who have a teach me if you can attitude. So this is goodbye. Gotta go find the iggy button. I suggest others do the same.

Yep that is what ignore buttons are made for.

Basically if you have a problem with international banking and the bankster ways of operating every SG and their dog will come out and try for a bite. This laurel guy is just one of their little party faithful. Banks can do no wrong. The merchant class are all-wise and all knowing for our eternal benefit etc etc.

Yes, the idiots win again. They have derailed another discussion that had the potential to be interesting and informative. Silly me for expecting more from ThaiVisa.

You know someone is losing a debate when they decide to ignore every opposing argument and only listen to those who agree with him.

The OP is well named.

thumbsup.giftongue.png

I wasn't sleeping when you called a top in gold at $700, Mr. Know-it-all. I was buying. cheesy.gif

Well blow me down if we don't find another gold bug peeking out from all that 'let's have a discussion' verbiage.

BBC, CNN & others probably aren't going to report this, because it's not a particularly important bit of news.

Chase has limited cash deposits & withdrawals and ended foreign wire transfers for a couple of types of business accounts. They are doing this to force small business customers to upgrade to more expensive business accounts that DO allow foreign wire transfers. This is typical of US banks, which are almost all degrading the level of service that they offer, while raising their fees.

US banks are behind the times because they don't have the capability of allowing ONLINE wire (telegraphic) transfers using internet banking to foreign countries or even transfer to other banks inside the US. However, maybe it's deliberate. In Australia, we have been able to make online wire transfers to foreign countries, including the USA for at least 10 years now. Ditto for Switzerland and many other countries. In America you still have to go to the bank counter to do something you could really be doing in your underpants at home, but capital controls and worries about terrorism financing etc. are probably the reasons why you can't make wire transfers online from a US bank.

• Like 1

BBC, CNN & others probably aren't going to report this, because it's not a particularly important bit of news.

Chase has limited cash deposits & withdrawals and ended foreign wire transfers for a couple of types of business accounts. They are doing this to force small business customers to upgrade to more expensive business accounts that DO allow foreign wire transfers. This is typical of US banks, which are almost all degrading the level of service that they offer, while raising their fees.

US banks are behind the times because they don't have the capability of allowing ONLINE wire (telegraphic) transfers using internet banking to foreign countries or even transfer to other banks inside the US. However, maybe it's deliberate. In Australia, we have been able to make online wire transfers to foreign countries, including the USA for at least 10 years now. Ditto for Switzerland and many other countries. In America you still have to go to the bank counter to do something you could really be doing in your underpants at home, but capital controls and worries about terrorism financing etc. are probably the reasons why you can't make wire transfers online from a US bank.

I think you need to look into that a little deeper. I do all of my banking from within the US with US banks with my computer. My US bank will even let me pay a bill in the form that they write a check and send it to someone who doesn't have a bank account. I can do that online.

I can set up automatic bill paying, transfer from checking to savings, transfer from bank to bank, and send an international "wire transfer" all from my computer.

Of course Visa, Mastercard and American Express are all US companies and they work in every country just like yours do.

Do you really think the US is behind in technology, or am I misunderstand something you said?

• Like 1

Huh? Overseas transfers from USA banks being prohibited isn't news?

I ditched personal banking with Chase back around 1995 when they decided to levy charges for any and all overseas transactions on their plastic, be it POS or cash withdrawal. At that time, no other bank was doing it so I dropped them. It seems like they are always the first to find a way of gouging a customer but unfortunately, other US banks tend to follow their lead.

Huh? Overseas transfers from USA banks being prohibited isn't news?

Well it would be if it was happening, but if you read this thread properly you would see that it isn't.

All that is happening is that a service traditionally offered to low value accounts is being stopped and for those account holders to continue doing transfers, they need to upgrade to a higher account and pay fees.

There is a reason this story isn't in the mainstream news. It is a simple reason: it isn't happening.

That it only appears on preppers websites, goldbug websites, extreme right wing websites and conspiracy theory websites should tell you all you need to know about this non-story.