Is my medication available in Thailand ? Information appreciated !

lovesomtam

I've been in terrible pain for more than 8 mo.and can't get rid of it.I've tried Pramadol and Morphin with no results.He gave me Gabapentin (just started it)They say it takes 2-4weeks to works.He gave me Anivan which is sleeping pill and only when I sleep don't feel this cruel pain.

It is not Anivan.It is Ativan.

Normal medical insurance (BUPA, THI etc) in Thailand will not cover psychological problems, depression etc.

I have had high-end cover with both of these. Exclusions include:

Psychological/depression etc

Alcohol/Drugs problems

STDs/HIV

Dental, unless you take out a specific dental policy.

There are more exclusions. This is an illustration only.

Eddy

I don't use Cymbalta but a friend does. He was buying it at Fascino OTC. He now buys it in Bangkok at a pharmacy on Rama 4 for 1800 baht for 28 60mg pills. Besides depression it is helpful with diabetic neurathopy foot pain.

I need Cymbalta for peripheral neuropathy.But don't know if is diabetic or not.Unfortunately I can't travel,In the Pharmacy on Rama 4 so they give it without prescription?

So far no one answered if I can get it as a mal order without problem.

There are several pharmacies in a row on Rama 4(Surawongse),one is RS. They have mailed medications to friends here in Pattaya (90 baht, one day service) sure they stock Cymbalta. I know Fascino has cymbalta but not sure if they mail.

There are several pharmacies in a row on Rama 4(Surawongse),one is RS. They have mailed medications to friends here in Pattaya (90 baht, one day service) sure they stock Cymbalta. I know Fascino has cymbalta but not sure if they mail.

Thank youThaiBob.Can you obtain a phone number of one of these pharmacies from your friends?

S. C. Pharmacy phone :

022-330-223

You can pay by sending money to their banking account. They have a LINE ID number to designed to accept orders.

Fascino has many locations and a website.

S. C. is 15 to 25% cheaper than Fascino on average.

S. C. Pharmacy phone :

022-330-223

You can pay by sending money to their banking account. They have a LINE ID number to designed to accept orders.

Fascino has many locations and a website.

S. C. is 15 to 25% cheaper than Fascino on average.

Thank you so much.If I get to walk again,I will buy you a few drinks.

• 3 months later...

A consultation with a psychiatrist is obscenely cheap in Thailand. B1000? Quality - personal observation - woeful. I make a similar observation re Oz.

Medication is obscenely expensive. I have paid B1500/pill.

After having bipolar disorder (type 11) for many years, I have ceased all medication. Effects - ZERO - nothing adverse! The Oz doctors would be aghast!

In Oz, I had ECT - same in LOS.

Tip - NO BOOZE! There are self-help groups in Oz & LOS.

As mentioned by another poster, the company of a quality Thai lady is the best remedy & natural. Please be extremely careful!

Anti-depressants etc - I am not qualified in this area - personal experience only. It is a band-aid! My quality of life has improved significantly - another tip - choose your friends/acquaintances very carefully. Dispose of unnecessary relatives!