Amnat Charoen 90 day reporting by post

I have just returned after reporting my last 90 day for 2013 at Amnat.

I inquired if 90 reporting could be done by post.

I was informed a 90 day report could be made by post for medical conditions that prevented the reporter from coming in person.

The postal report needs to include a signed medical certificate from a doctor or consultant at a hospital.

This is the only exception, all 90 day reports have to made in person if you are reporting to Amnat.

There seems to be a little confusion here. My colleagues and I, report by post to Amnat. I have found the staff there helpful and polite, i also found that in Mukdahan too. These two areas are the best i have found here in the North East. I would actually compliment the Amnat office with being one of the best i have ever dealt with anywhere in Thailand.

I was there (Amnat) about 4 weeks ago to do my first yearly extension.

I enquired about the 90 day report and was told that they prefer people to report in person and not really keen on people reporting by post. The officer then pointed to a large pile of post suggesting it makes too much extra work. He did not say I couldn't do it by post, just pointed out the fact that documents do go missing in the post and it's safer to do it in person.

After reading some of the topics about immigration offices on TV I was dreading going ...........

Very clean, modern and spacious office with abundant seating in an air conditioned environment.

Plenty of parking spaces available.

Very helpful officers who are efficient and polite.

Overall, not the 'pain in the @rse' experience many say they endure in other offices around LOS.

Only negative aspect is the 250km round trip!

I agree the staff there are very good and I've never had a problem in 5 years since the move from Mukdahan.

Regarding the postal reporting, I can only mention what I was told by the officer whom I have dealt with over the last 3 years.

It may well be that they discourage postal reporting.

I for one would attend in person as mail is often torn open upon arrival at my home as people handling it search for anything of value to steal, a common problem in Thailand with farang mail I have found.

There seems to be a little confusion here. My colleagues and I, report by post to Amnat. I have found the staff there helpful and polite, i also found that in Mukdahan too. These two areas are the best i have found here in the North East. I would actually compliment the Amnat office with being one of the best i have ever dealt with anywhere in Thailand.

I wouldn't send my passport in the Thai mail and therefore I prefer the security of appearing in person, after all it is only one day every 3 months and the hassle of then getting a new passport if it never came back far outways a 4 hour trip.

I wouldn't send my passport in the Thai mail and therefore I prefer the security of appearing in person, after all it is only one day every 3 months and the hassle of then getting a new passport if it never came back far outways a 4 hour trip.

You don't need to send your passport in the post - copies of the relevent pages are required.

Hmmmm i was wondering if you live in Naklua, pattaya is jomtien office where you go for 90 day check in ? And can you mail it , if it is ? ? Naklua soi16 waterfront area. and do you need a medical certificate for that in pattaya area???

Edited by Wimbledon