Beware of Street conditions

Hili

Just a reminder/ warning to all riders here. Beware of the street conditions, potholes etc can be everywhere especially now after the raining season. I recently had an incident with a pothole and after i have seen the results i can be happy to be alive. I am riding here for some time and i am aware of bad conditions here accordingly to that i am riding, but this time it got me on road where you shouldn't expect it. So be careful out there.

Damage done - front wheel also!

7qMwE2.jpg

ZfzbhM.jpg

when the incident happened there we NO sandbags inside the holes

tn6fPt.jpg

Edited by Hili
  • Like 1

That "incident" looked like it was a scary moment. luckely no personal harm done.

I assume that second pic is the swingarmfacepalm.gif .

Here in Buriram province it's the same, new putholes on the main roads appearing everyday.

This time i only use the KLX and leave the sportbikes at home.

Hope there is some budget left to repair the roads.

Thanks for the reminder. I always keep an eye out for poor road surfaces, especially upcountry.

No need to worry long term though, luckily the government has the vision to spend the budget on subsidizing tax free cars for people who can't afford the repayments :)

Who needs to maintain the roads when you can just increase the number of cars?

I do also have an eye for that but you wouldn't expect it on a 3 lane open road within BKK. I was overtaking a car from the right lane so no chance to do anything; when i saw it it was too late, only lifted my ass up and prayed not to fall off.

Sure they can happen within hours but fact is they don't give a Shit the street shot I posted was 2 weeks after my incident. Wow they thorwed sandbags inside, which maybe even done by locals.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry to hear hili but it is good that nothing happened to you.

Same as where i live. They build mrt and roads have potholes that can swallow a bike and also wet plates.

Potholes get more during mansoon of course and they wait for mansoon to finish then fix roads mostly in thailand.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That "incident" looked like it was a scary moment. luckely no personal harm done.

I assume that second pic is the swingarmfacepalm.gif .

Here in Buriram province it's the same, new putholes on the main roads appearing everyday.

This time i only use the KLX and leave the sportbikes at home.

Hope there is some budget left to repair the roads.

Same thing in Pattaya short cut to BanChang past winery road potted every where not a good idea to ride or drive at night best to go the long way around

Edited by pitchag

Sure they can happen within hours but fact is they don't give a Shit the street shot I posted was 2 weeks after my incident. Wow they thorwed sandbags inside, which maybe even done by locals.

Sandbags? youre lucky, up here in Isaan they quite often put rocks in which often stick up as much as the pothole went down,

You have to be very wary riding bikes up here & you need a deathwish to ride at night what with potholes, dogs, dhuk dhuks with no lights on the wrong side of the road, not to mention idiots who think it's cool to paint their headlights red & their tail lights white, if they've even got lights at all that is... etc. etc. TIT annoyed.gifshock1.gifcrying.gif

Watch out for the potholes hidden by flooding. It's often tempting not to slow down too much with only an apparent 1 or 2 inches of water across the road, but the water often conceals potholes that can be swimming pool deep.

A friend and his wife recently came off this way and have serious road rash. Riding on a slow soi they are familiar with and the potholes weren't there that morning. Heavy rain/flooding had created the potholes and they were driving home as the waters were subsiding and looking pretty innocent.

Hell, they're even a danger when driving a truck.

Luckily i stayed on the bike, however i am trying to sue the district administration not about the money but about safety this insanity have to stop.

They're gonna love that! A farang speaking up for himself and wanting money from them. :D

Good to see you are alright. Driving in the right hand lane is almost always advisable. The illegally overladen trucks combined with the soft melting asphalt leaves some massive dents, divits and holes, as we all know.

Hili Thanks for the heads up! I am always watching (or trying to watch out for holes in the road. The rain really hides the latest damage well. Wow that was a hell of a hit your bike took. Glad it didn't wipe you out! Pattaya area is just as bad. I am lucky we live in the Nong Nooch garden area & it is the affluent part of Bang Saray so they take care of the roads pretty well - but I have to go to Pattaya to go shopping & the roads are hacked up. They don't have a clue on the right proportions of materials to mix when they pave asphalt here.Ridiculous to say the least. I hope they at least pay you for the obvious parts that got destroyed by their great work. Doubtful they waited till 3 people broke limbs in front of our old house before they sent out a crew to repair the road & ditch than ran down 2 meters to hell. I insisted on helping & the job is still good after 3 rainy seasons. Their awesome idea would have washed out in 1/2 a rainy season. Fortunate the county recognized that I run cats graders & have a pretty fair knowledge of civil engineering & have done asphalt as well. Our last house was in a poor area so they accepted help as they really needed it. 2 days well spent instead of the hole leading to a nice custom casket a perfect 6 feet down. It was way worse than bad! The last scooter that fell in the hole disfigured the poor girls body for life.

Friday evening or Saturday morning a large hole appeared in Rachadapisek road north-west Bangkok. Apparently a truck disappeared into the hole!

There are pot holes all over Asia. The secret apart from 100% concentration is not following too close to the traffic in front.

Thanks everybody for the heads up. The second shot is the motors case suspension to the frame. It's a Ducati Monster and its pretty <deleted> now but on the other hand I believe the good suspensions on it helped to not fall off, well every suspension have its limit.... Bad thing us that nothing can replace the emotional value of this bike, it was my teerak

Thanks everybody for the heads up. The second shot is the motors case suspension to the frame. It's a Ducati Monster and its pretty fuc_ked now but on the other hand I believe the good suspensions on it helped to not fall off, well every suspension have its limit.... Bad thing us that nothing can replace the emotional value of this bike, it was my teerak

I am pretty sure it will be an expensive fix.. if it can be fixed at all.