Extension Based on Marriage.

tpthai2

Going in on Tuesday for the annual extension.

My new Passport has had the old extension properly transferred

last month and has only two pages of data, (the extension transfer and

a re-entry permit.)

Q...Will I need to make copies every page of the new

passport, (30) blank pages, or only those with data on them?

Anyone have experience with this?

Q-2.. Are there any new requirements for 2013?

Thank you...

I just did mine. For the passport, I had to have two copies of the main ID page, the visa page, the TM6 departure card, the 90 day report slip, and all pages that had Thailand stamps.

As far as anything new this year: Last year I did not have to have personal photos of me and my wife at our house, or the hand drawn map. This year they were both required. Again, two copies of each. I pasted the photos on A4 paper.

I just went for mine on Wednesday. They made me go to the bank and update the bankbook even though I just did the bank letter on Monday and I have had over 400 thousand baht in there for the last 3 years never touch it and it hasnt gone below 300 thou for the last 10 years.I guess some people are taking all the money out the day after they get the bank letter. I guess you could take all the money out the day after you do the extension so what the point is I dont know.

I just did mine. For the passport, I had to have two copies of the main ID page, the visa page, the TM6 departure card, the 90 day report slip, and all pages that had Thailand stamps.

As far as anything new this year: Last year I did not have to have personal photos of me and my wife at our house, or the hand drawn map. This year they were both required. Again, two copies of each. I pasted the photos on A4 paper.

We also had to provide a sworn statement stating that our marriage was subsisting.The Officer doing the extension work , provided this. It was my 4th renewal.

I just went for mine on Wednesday. They made me go to the bank and update the bankbook even though I just did the bank letter on Monday and I have had over 400 thousand baht in there for the last 3 years never touch it and it hasnt gone below 300 thou for the last 10 years.I guess some people are taking all the money out the day after they get the bank letter. I guess you could take all the money out the day after you do the extension so what the point is I dont know.

Recently, mine wasn't marriage but retirement. I too had the letter on Monday and went in on a Wednesday.......no problem. However, Bangkok Bank do put a 24 hour hold on funds, so I don't know if this makes a difference.

I use the Bangkok bank also. I think a couple doing their extension just before me had to go update their bankbook also. It would be easy enough for the officer to look at your bankbook and see if you took all the money right away last year. Also anyone who is going to do that would soon learn that they want you to update the book on the day of the extension and would wait till the next day to take the money out,kind of pointless really.

I use the Bangkok bank also. I think a couple doing their extension just before me had to go update their bankbook also. It would be easy enough for the officer to look at your bankbook and see if you took all the money right away last year. Also anyone who is going to do that would soon learn that they want you to update the book on the day of the extension and would wait till the next day to take the money out,kind of pointless really.

Not necessarily. You might use a different bank book and the money only has to be in three months prior to renewal.

True you could change your bank every year but that would raise a flag also. The women also told me I could put the money in a term deposit account that you cant withdraw on which is the opposite of what I was told last year when I asked.

True you could change your bank every year but that would raise a flag also. The women also told me I could put the money in a term deposit account that you cant withdraw on which is the opposite of what I was told last year when I asked.

What sort of flag would it raise as long as the money is deposited as per legal requirements?

I photocopy every page of my bank book annually and all the officer ever does is draw a line under the date three months prior. I think people worry too much.

• Like 1

Agree! Absolutely agree !!! Worry,worry, worry...

Seems , sometimes, old farts have taken over such prosaic topics as these basic ones without having first done any serious homework except here, our wonderful Chiang Mai site of misdirection, confusion and self-interest ! rolleyes.gif

But, actually, after slogging through it all, there is some decent information to be found!

Hope you find it!