Propecia

Scott123

I know they have it here - no clue whether they have a generic version.

That said it makes sense to buy proscar instead and cut the tabs in 4 with a tab-cutter. - same stuff and comes out much cheaper. Cheers!

Is Propecia (reduce hair lost) avaialable in Thailand?

Does it required doctor's prescription?

Is the generic Propecia (Finasteride) available and reliable in Thailand?

Thanks.

easily bought in pharmacy about 1500-2000 baht I think. I bought some finasteride once at the one round the corner from soi 15 and it was fake. Better to get proscar as suggested but I would not trust the generic stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Is Propecia (reduce hair lost) avaialable in Thailand?

Does it required doctor's prescription?

Is the generic Propecia (Finasteride) available and reliable in Thailand?

Thanks.

easily bought in pharmacy about 1500-2000 baht I think. I bought some finasteride once at the one round the corner from soi 15 and it was fake. Better to get proscar as suggested but I would not trust the generic stuff

I was buying a generic 1mg tabs. I think is B400 for 30 pills. Was told company is stopping production of generic 1mg tabs and will only have 5mg in the future.

Propecia costs almost the same as Proscar per pill, but Proscar can be chopped into quarters. So 30 pills of Proscar is good for 4 months and costs about B1500. The pills are an odd shape and pain-in-the-ass to chop evenly. I'm sure it is not an accident as 1mg pills are same price as 5mg pills!

I'm not in Bangkok so it took a visit to a number of shops to find. No you do not need a prescription. About the only meds requiring a presciption in Thailand are strong pain killer/opiates with potential for recreational abuse.

Head to the pharmacy, hospitals charge more, and the generics are available in Thailand (as all the other copies and generic products are). I recommend you visit a hair doctor and incorporate other procedures and methods for best results. You should have a consultation before starting any medication. You can decrease errors and increase the rate of results by following the recommended procedures in order. Visit http://www.hairtransinter.com/ and tell Dr. Damkerng that ThaiMed sent you :o . Really good guy and possibly one of the best hair docotors in the world!

Best of Luck

-Rich

• 4 years later...

No Prescription needed.

I've been buying Propecia in Thailand for many years.

OTC - Over the counter - but shop around for the best deals.

I usually have to buy "Proscar" which is in 5 mg and cut it into 5 pieces for the 1 mg dose.

Note: don't take more than 1 mg per day or you may get "tits" like I have.

Skip every 4th or 5th day. And, it will not affect your hair.

Can I ask a perhaps stupid question about Propecia and other hair loss treatments? Do they target specifically the hair follicles on the head, or does the entire skin surface's hair follicles receive the "benefit?"

I have plenty of body hair, but the hair on the top of my head is thinning. I wouldn't mind treating that hair loss, but sure as heck don't need any more fricking body hair.

I was recently prescribed Avodart for some lower urinary tract/prostate problems I have been experiencing. Checking out on the web it seems that this new drug is also very effective against hairloss.

As I have only been using Avodart for 2 months I cannot comment on its efficacy.

It is available over the counter for about 1600 baht for 30 capsules (not splittable)

Has anybody else tried it?

Can I ask a perhaps stupid question about Propecia and other hair loss treatments? Do they target specifically the hair follicles on the head, or does the entire skin surface's hair follicles receive the "benefit?"

I have plenty of body hair, but the hair on the top of my head is thinning. I wouldn't mind treating that hair loss, but sure as heck don't need any more fricking body hair.

Propecia do not do anything for the hair itself. I have forgotten the medical terms/hormone terms, but the Propecia (actually the drug finesteride keeps the hormones from causing hair loss.

The pill acts internally, and doesn't affect the hair follicles itself. You swallow the pill.

I could recommend the advice given by "repoulin" above re Dr Damkerng Pathomvanich

After mucking around with the pills spoken about here, I visited the good doctor and have never looked back. A really nice and down to earth guy and I've even dropped in to see him over the last few years since the treatment, to "show-off" his good work. Also his staff go out of their way to make you comfortable. A fantastic experience in Thailand.

Updated Website: http://www.dhthairclinic.com/home.php

Propecia do not do anything for the hair itself. I have forgotten the medical terms/hormone terms, but the Propecia (actually the drug finesteride keeps the hormones from causing hair loss.

The pill acts internally, and doesn't affect the hair follicles itself. You swallow the pill.

Thanks for that info. I might give this some more thought then.

• 2 months later...

Goto Boots (chemist) you can get 28 days supply for 1350 bahts. (40 USD).

or if you can go to the pharmacist in Victory monument you can get the same for around 1,200 bahts..

Thanks for that info. I might give this some more thought then.