3BB FTH Fiber To Home Internet 30/3

pinball

Yes, I have the 3BB FTH service in Phuket for 4 months now. I get the 30/3 within Thailand. It varies internationally, but I am able to stream HD quality American football from the USA with good quality.

I get the nfl.com package and the quality mostly is good. Not sure what I have it is not cheap though.

Saw this offer too in August for 20MB fiber 3bb for 1250 THB instead 2500 THB. Currently having 13MB 3bb and getting 15MB Thai and 6-7MB international speed. Would subscribe for fiber if international speed were higher, which I doubt...

• Like 1

Think the per connection speed is still limited at the IIG (international gateway) not necessarily the ISP itself. I don't need more download speed, I need more up speed (for my torrenting). Unfortunately my building the max is 16/1Mbps so I have two lines (I had to jacks, I figured I should use them both for internet). Gives me 30Mbps down through torrents for 18 hours of the day. I would go for VDSL over fibre if it were available where I am since the package options are more to my liking on the upload speeds.

Edited by cacruden

I have fiber from 3bb in Hua Hin. At the moment 6pm

21.42 down and 3.1 up

If it stays low like this i will ask 3bb for checking...

What speed do you get if you check to an international server? eg speedtest . net chooses BKK which will get the(high) speed within Thailand, what speed do you get if you check against an US/EU server?

I have 3BB FTH 30/10 and CAT ADSL 16/2, running side-by-side in Kathu.

Overall, the 3BB line is faster inside Thailand, but the CAT line is faster outside of Thailand. (See the CRISP site for measured speeds.) I'm quite pleased with the CAT ADSL, which is B 1,200/month, and moderately pleased with 3BB fiber, which is a bit more expensive (forgotten exactly how much).

Both of them drop out from time to time, but so far (knock on wood) it's unusual that both go out at the same time.

• Like 1

Overall, the 3BB line is faster inside Thailand, but the CAT line is faster outside of Thailand. (See the CRISP site for measured speeds.) I'm quite pleased with the CAT ADSL, which is B 1,200/month, and moderately pleased with 3BB fiber, which is a bit more expensive (forgotten exactly how much).

Both of them drop out from time to time, but so far (knock on wood) it's unusual that both go out at the same time.

If you are using CAT ADSL and 3BB concurrently please could you describe how you combine their signals and feed the combination to your Computer hardware?

• Like 1

Think the per connection speed is still limited at the IIG (international gateway) not necessarily the ISP itself. I don't need more download speed, I need more up speed (for my torrenting). Unfortunately my building the max is 16/1Mbps so I have two lines (I had to jacks, I figured I should use them both for internet). Gives me 30Mbps down through torrents for 18 hours of the day. I would go for VDSL over fibre if it were available where I am since the package options are more to my liking on the upload speeds.

So you are paying for 2 16/1 adsl just to be able to seed more torrent?

Why don't you buy a seedbox or vps to seed/download torrent?

So you are paying for 2 16/1 adsl just to be able to seed more torrent?

Why don't you buy a seedbox or vps to seed/download torrent?

Mmmm, I have a seedbox as well..... but I cannot upload from here to there very quickly. Will likely downgrade the 16/1Mbs lines to 13/1..... but since there are days and days and days where I will max out the download side (which will wipe out 75% of my upload bandwidth with protocol traffic) -- I might wait a bit. I think I maxed out one month with 4TB in total downloads, although I think I average around 1.5TB / month typically.

Luckily my cable bill is only around $2.40 / month....

Edited by cacruden

Carsten007

Lookup pfsense dot org. Here are links for WAN Bonding using pfsense.

https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Multi-WAN_2.0

https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?board=21.0

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/269432-wan-aggregation-with-pfsense

I have been using pfsense for over 7 years, on DSL, Fiber, Satellite, DOCSIS, ATM, etc.... Never had a problem, even on 5 internet connections and bonding them all. Also has plenty of additional packages, and supports 32bit and 64bit platforms. Have a read and see if something that you can use. If you any assisitance, their forums is great place.

Ken

If you are using CAT ADSL and 3BB concurrently please could you describe how you combine their signals and feed the combination to your Computer hardware?

Yes, this i would like to know also.

I have TOT and CAT, both very slow. How to combine?

After all they both give you a different IP..

Please elaborate, wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

I have two lines "combined" with a TP-Link - TL-ER5120 load balancing router which can handle up to 4 outside connections. It does not make them into one line, since I don't think the ISP supports bonding of the lines anyway, but if you have torrents running..... which are multiple concurrent connections.... it will look like one line for that purpose. For single threaded usage such as web browsing, you-tube, skype etc. it would be a waste..... and only useful for failover in that case if one line goes down. Basically, it just communicates on one line or the other -- whichever is least congested (although you could override it with specific rules).

• Like 1

Saw this offer too in August for 20MB fiber 3bb for 1250 THB instead 2500 THB. Currently having 13MB 3bb and getting 15MB Thai and 6-7MB international speed. Would subscribe for fiber if international speed were higher, which I doubt...

...your doubt is justified, as providers have to pay for international bandwidth. And Thai providers, especially 3BB, they do have barb wire in their pockets.

• Like 1

21.42 down and 3.1 up

What speed do you get if you check to an international server? eg speedtest . net chooses BKK which will get the(high) speed within Thailand, what speed do you get if you check against an US/EU server?

us4b: 13 down 2.5 up just now

• Like 1

my ADSL 13/1Mbits . . Torrents mostly all time down 1.8Mbits/s here from Pattaya with 3BB . . . 99% Uptime. 900 THB . . . no need for " Fiber " . Works similar to my 10/10 Fiber connection in Sweden.

Youtube in 1080p works brilliant.

21.42 down and 3.1 up

us4b: 13 down 2.5 up just now

If these are real values (no < 20 ms ping times to USA) then its great for the money.

I'm with True docsis 20/2 and paying 1299 + vat and no way you can get these numbers in single connection.

The international speed results a person gets can vary greatly depending on the speedtester being used. Speedtest.net is often used but its flash-based programming can be easily fooled for download speed and ping time results when doing international speed testing....like getting those faster-than-light ping times like that far-off server in farangland seems like it just across the soi.

Speedtest.net also uses multi-threading to its test servers which means even in getting a valid/real world ping time the download speedtest result could indeed be much higher than what you would get with other speedtesters, like java-based testers, which force a single thread speed test to simulate the speeds you would receive when accomplishing single threaded operations like video streaming and browsing.

So, if getting high download speed results to Speedtest.net servers it may indeed be a valid download speed but you could only expect to see that download speed if doing something like downloading torrents/using a download manager. But if doing a single threaded operation like more browsing, video streaming, etc., you speed most likely would not be that fast. See this testmy.net webpage for more info.

Edited by Pib

• 5 months later...