Isohunt

sensei

They are just indexes of files along with who is online ready to send it to you and who is currently looking to download to facilitate the two parties. Typically you might have 5 people ready to send it (seeders), and 10 people looking to download (leechers) and you will get parts of the file you want from both the 5 seeders (which have 100% of the file, along with parts that the other 10 people have already downloaded.

The indexer does not host anything more than the index and a checksum for the files to validate them.

The ones that you mentioned are the public ones that anyone can download from. There are also private ones that limit membership and you have to get invited by another that is already a member.

• Like 2

Isohunt is no real loss, so full of fakes.

All torrent indexers are full of fakes, but isohunt had a good user base that flagged most of the bad ones, I will miss it (although I primarily use nzbs now)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been a user of Isohunt but will never miss it as much as Demonoid, that site had some really obscure music and films that I couldn't find on other sites.

EZTV for TV programmes and YIFY for films are now my two favourites.

• Like 1

Agreed although this last few weeks EZ has been a little slow in producing.. YIFY's the best for movies at low meg..

Isohunt was good in the beginning but just had so much shit on it...

PB continue to have strong backing which is a good base for all personal usage..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I gave up on isohunt a month or 2 back.

Shame after many good years.

Flooded with fakes and the real ones not appearing for days. And a few full outages.

Not on kat mainly....find it so much better. The tv category is actually all tv with the best and latest things first. Never had that with iso.

The court also found that isoHunt profited from the copyright infringement through advertising.

And youtube isn't profiting from infringement? The "arguments" about who to go after with respect to this stuff are certainly dubious at best. The MPAA can go suck a giant cack as far as I am concerned.

youtube will takedown any copyrighted material if the copyright holder issues a DCMA or equivalent. It is a difference of intent, ISOhunt intended to facilitate the distribution copyrighted material. Lets at least be honest in the arguments. Signed.... the happy pirate :P

I've been a user of Isohunt but will never miss it as much as Demonoid, that site had some really obscure music and films that I couldn't find on other sites.

Demonoid resurfaced as d2 a few months back. Same log on as before.

• Like 1

Demonoid seems down at the moment