Denied visa, plane leaves in three days, any ideas?

I do not know what airport you are leaving from, nor the facilities they have. But last flight to Thailand I took was from Amsterdam and there you had to check in your own luggage, no assistant or whatever. Label your own bag. Nobody looking at your passport. It gets scanned into the computer that is it. The screen did give the question whether you have a visa for your destination. So I clicked yes (because I actually have a non-B multiple). And that was it. No one ever asked me if I had a visa or not. So I guess just click yes.

Alternative buy a ticket with a low cost airline and then cancel it after you have the e-ticket. I do not think the airlines can look into the reservations of an e-ticket of a low cost carrier. Be creative :P Just do not overstay :)

I think I will buy a one way ticket from Bangkok to Hanoi Vietnam to within 30 days of arrival to Thailand, that was the cheapest I could find (48 euros). Thank you so much for your help!

--------------------

But remember you will probably need a visa to enter Vietnam.

The visa will cost you about $45 if I recall correctly. Anyhow I think the fee depends on your nationality.

You can get a Vietnamese visa fir a 39 day single entry stay (max 30 day stay) at the Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok.

It takes 3 days for the visa.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Do you mean I can travel from Thailand to some neighboring country and apply for a tourist visa there, even if I do not have any visa (only 30 day visa exempt stamp)? If so, what would be the best option (i.e. cheapest) to travel from Chiang Mai? Vientiane Laos?

--------------

Malaysia may (most European nationalities qualify) let you enter into Malaysia on a free of cost visa. That will save you on the visa fee. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, may be cheaper to travel to from Thailand, but they will charge you for a visa to enter those countries.

Laos would probably be closet from Chiang Mai.

Thank you all for your help!

I would like to report to let you all know that I have now made the flight and they did not ask for a return ticket :)

I flew from Helsinki to Bangkok via Paris, at Helsinki, I checked in at a self-service check-in kiosk, I gave those papers at baggage drop and the lady only checked those papers and my passport. She also checked me in already to the Paris-Bkk flight (Air France), so in Paris I only gave my passport at airport boarding, and they only check that the name on the passport matches the name on the ticket, and that the ticket is for the correct flight. And the Thai immigration only wants to see your Arrival Card, boarding pass (of the flight you came from) and passport.

So, at least for me, it was possible to travel without a visa and without having to show a return ticket. I had bought a ticket to Cambodia, just in case though, but no one asked to see it.