Retirement Extension Nakhon Sawan

Did my annual extension this morning. Arrived at 0905 left at 0925, 20 minutes, with another year and my 90 day report reset to zero even though I was only on day 47 of the old one. Had one copy of TM7, applicable passport pages, departure card, income affidavit which I got on Tuesday at the US Embassy ( 40 minutes) and wife's ID, house book and marriage certificate (to prove place of residence). There were many Burmese workers when I arrived but they were busy doing their worker reports so I was first. When I left there were three "farang" waiting.This year I was the 1049th non-immigrant extension, last year at the same time I was 1481. The officer said that the extensions have been down this year after doubling last year.

I've got all of my 5 retirement extensions at Bangkok and the first 4 numbers ranged from the low 13K to mid 15K area, with the exception of the 5th/most recent one I got around a month ago in Sep.....I've always got my extensions during the first two weeks of September. Anyway for this year the extension number is in the low 19K area which is quite a bit above the previous range of 13K to mid 15K for the Sep timeframe. The 19K number is a clearly written number...but maybe immigration made a typo...then again maybe there has just been a surge in such extensions for the Bangkok area. Maybe someone else who got their extension over the last month or so in Bangkok can confirm if their extension number in is the 19K (or higher) ballpark.

I expect these issued extension numbers apply to "all" types of extensions versus just "retirement extensions of stay" since I would be surprised if there are that many farangs on retirement extensions of stay in Bangkok.

I strongly suspect they do not include tourist visa extensions. My last extension on tourist visas were 20 years ago and in late January it was in the 2k range and in late April at 8k. It is also marked specifically tourist and transit extension section.

I strongly suspect they do not include tourist visa extensions. My last extension on tourist visas were 20 years ago and in late January it was in the 2k range and in late April at 8k. It is also marked specifically tourist and transit extension section.

If the numbers exclude TV extensions I am truly amazed. Are there really tens of thousands of expats with long stay extensions living within the range of one immigration office ?

If the numbers exclude TV extensions I am truly amazed. Are there really tens of thousands of expats with long stay extensions living within the range of one immigration office ?

If by chance you are thinking just western farangs like Europeans/Americans please keep in mind there are tons of folks on long stay extensions from all parts of the world, especially in Bangkok. Each year when I'm setting in the waiting area of the long term extension section waiting for my queue number to be called, I see many oriental (Philippines/China/Japan/etc), Indian, and what I would consider other non-European/American folks going in to setdown in front of the immigration officer with their long stay extension paperwork.

The numbers that I quoted are specifically non immigrant O extensions, 764 in October 2011, 1481 in October 2012 and 1049 in October 2013. The lady said that many of the old nice gentlemen didn't come back this year so she and my wife assumed that they must have "kicked the bucket"! Oh well, such is life???

The numbers that I quoted are specifically non immigrant O extensions, 764 in October 2011, 1481 in October 2012 and 1049 in October 2013. The lady said that many of the old nice gentlemen didn't come back this year so she and my wife assumed that they must have "kicked the bucket"! Oh well, such is life???

That in the context of BKK sounds believable

These are total numbers for the year up until I did my annual extension at the end of October, they are not just numbers for the month of October.

have done 2 90days extensions at the same office du to go again in a couple of weeks, find the staff there very good only met one other farang ,but both times in and out in less than 10 minutes.

I think you made 90 day reports not extensions of stay.

Ninety day extensions are rare unless going to school.