Good Photo Locations Wanted & Some Recommendations

lwilk

I am trying to expand the scope of my Thailand photographs and would be very pleased to get ideas of new interesting places to go to, alternatively you may find some of my locations might be of use to too.

My Thailand photo gallery is http://wilkipedia.net/ it is organised by each province and then where possible the exact location details are available by driving your mouse over the image.

I recommend Geocaching http://www.geocaching.com/videos/ It's outdoor hobby which often leads to find new places, even quite close by where we live. I have found viewpoints, temples, and waterfalls I did not know existed here in Phuket. There is more than 2 million geocaches worldwide.

Here is a live map, where you can see some of the cache locations. Zoom it where do you live.

http://www.geocaching.com/map/#?ll=14.94478,100.89844&z=6

I agree geocaching is nice but I prefer to have a roam around

with my missus or on my own when doing serious stuff.

Like anywhere in the world...walk outside your home and if

you usually turn to the right...why not turn to the left instead?

The possibility of great shots are all over the place...you just have

to envision them before releasing the shutter.

• Like 1

I use geocaching as kickstarter to get to other parts of the place I live in.

If I going to a geocache site, 30km from my home, the ride would take about an hour if going directly. I often spend 3 hours for the trip as there is always something more to see and feel on the way. Often I don't even get to the cache and it doen't really matter as the trip to the cache can be repeated later on.

Can't see Roi-Et in there. The big tall Buddha image in the centre of Roi-Et is a worthy subject.

I took this years back with my Lumix LX5 using a rudimentary skill set.

5186423647_3f00ddb2d4_b.jpg

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

Can't see Roi-Et in there. The big tall Buddha image in the centre of Roi-Et is a worthy subject.

There is plenty of locations which does not yet have caches. That's where you come along :)

It's a treasure hunting for adults (and kids love it too). Every cacher can place their own caches, normally to the locations where they live. This proximity of the cache comes in to the play as the caches have to be maintenanced every now and then. Sometimes the other people, muggles accidentially find the caches and even if the caches have explanation, they destroy or misplace the caches.

Before placing caches, it's important to go to find some caches to learn how geocachers think. Sometimes, when the cache is in populated area, cachers have to be careful so that the muggles don't understand what is happening.

Sometimes there is misunderstandings as well.. I placed this cache to a beatiful, but quite remote area in Phuket. It is on route from my home to a Lotus mall. One time, I was riding the road there were narcotics police looking the surroundings - someone had been reporting suspencious activity on the area. I showed them the cache and gave a crash course to geocaching :)

The caches are all around. We all have walked just a few meters past an cache, whithout knowing it was there.

There is plenty of locations which does not yet have caches. That's where you come along smile.png

It's a treasure hunting for adults (and kids love it too). Every cacher can place their own caches, normally to the locations where they live. This proximity of the cache comes in to the play as the caches have to be maintenanced every now and then. Sometimes the other people, muggles accidentially find the caches and even if the caches have explanation, they destroy or misplace the caches.

Before placing caches, it's important to go to find some caches to learn how geocachers think. Sometimes, when the cache is in populated area, cachers have to be careful so that the muggles don't understand what is happening.

Sometimes there is misunderstandings as well.. I placed this cache to a beatiful, but quite remote area in Phuket. It is on route from my home to a Lotus mall. One time, I was riding the road there were narcotics police looking the surroundings - someone had been reporting suspencious activity on the area. I showed them the cache and gave a crash course to geocaching smile.png

The caches are all around. We all have walked just a few meters past an cache, whithout knowing it was there.

Sorry Olii, I meant I culdn't see Roi-Et in the OP's set.

Sorry Olii, I meant I culdn't see Roi-Et in the OP's set.

Ah, then the error was on me. :)

There was no Phuket either. Koh Yao noy and Koh Yao Yai between Phuket and Krabi and the whola Phanga bay could be worth of visiting as well.