Ford Ranger warning light, what does this mean?

WebBangkok

I will take it to ford tomorrow....

Wonder how this is going to cost me....

Got to check my brakes too. When the car is cold, if i tap the brakes lightly is brakes really hard like i slammed the breaks on.... This car is pissing me off and its only 1 year old

That Brake Grab i think you will find has nothing to do with engine temp. Ive found many trucks grab on the first apply after starting. Never found out why , they werent mine , but had a few Hot Drinks down the shorts. Anyone know the cause.?.coffee1.gif

Brakes back off the rotor more when they have time cool and fluid flows back to the master cylinder and when the pedal is depressed the distance is made up and suddenly they grab where as while it's running there is less gap between rotor and pad and it catches more gradually instead..

Got to check my brakes too. When the car is cold, if i tap the brakes lightly is brakes really hard like i slammed the breaks on.... This car is pissing me off and its only 1 year old

That Brake Grab i think you will find has nothing to do with engine temp. Ive found many trucks grab on the first apply after starting. Never found out why , they werent mine , but had a few Hot Drinks down the shorts. Anyone know the cause.?.coffee1.gif

Brakes back off the rotor more when they have time cool and fluid flows back to the master cylinder and when the pedal is depressed the distance is made up and suddenly they grab where as while it's running there is less gap between rotor and pad and it catches more gradually instead..

Are you sure it's a disc brake problem? Retarded (It is Ford!) as it may seem they are all fitted with drum rear brakes. Drums can be grabby.

Are you sure it's a disc brake problem? Retarded (It is Ford!) as it may seem they are all fitted with drum rear brakes. Drums can be grabby.

I figured this might come up, basically it matters not what type of brake rotor or drum but my impression is they are speaking of the front brakes anyways.. Usually drums brakes especially since they're on the back just drag they don't "grab" like the fronts do..

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, sorry i forgot about this place.

A pipe was leaking which i did find after loking for awhile. The pipe was just infront of the passengers side with the red tape looking thing

I took it to ford and they replace it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, sorry i forgot about this place.

A pipe was leaking which i did find after loking for awhile. The pipe was just infront of the passengers side with the red tape looking thing

I took it to ford and they replace it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OK...better to know about potential problems...Thanks!