Where to buy fruit-tree's in Bangkok

namdocmai

I have been searching many years now and here are my adresses in BKK.

Chatuchak weekend market on wednesday and thursday. Wednesday is the best. (or was it thursday and friday, i will come back on that). Also the weekend they sell plants but not as much.

Sanam luang 2 aka Thonburi market. Every day, this market is open and much more relaxed then chatuchak and also bigger. Saturday is also the normal market, other days only the plant market is open.

Kanchana Phisek at the area of bang bua thong. Where kanchana phisek meets Ratthana thibet road there are hundreds of fruitnursery's along the road and in side streets. Just drive slowly and look in all the side-streets because there can be loads of shops who sell plants. Just ask them what you need and they will sure help you.

Kasetsart agriculture fair, this is a huge fair with nursery's from all over Thailand.

Spread over BKK are also many gardencentres but i don't know the streetnames.

tropicalfruitforum.com is also great to get seeds from all over the world. Just check this link: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?board=2.0

I write this here because there is much more tropical fruit on the world then the Thai know of. Don't believe the Thai if they say something is impossible. If you use the good fertile soil (compost) anything is possible.

• 7 months later...

Hi, just came upon this. We just moved to Bangkok and are looking for some fruit trees to grow in pots on our balcony. This is great information!

Question - any way you could clarify where that place on Kanchana Phisek is? I put it into Google Maps, but get wildly different results on multiple sides of Bangkok. Is there a specific landmark I should search?

Thank you!

---Ari