Refused alcohol with lunch

jaffacakes1

Before I begin my complaint, I am aware of the 1965 "Child Protection Act" prohibiting retailers from selling alcohol between 2pm-5pm.

However, in over 18 months of lunching everywhere in Thailand from street kitchens to luxury hotels I have never once been refused a beer with my lunch. Does anyone know if this law applies to all businesses serving alcohol, I assumed it was 'off premise' sales only?

For the record, I was impeccably presented and entirely sober. This was in a Japanese restaurant in Central festival, Phuket.

Anyone else experienced this outside of retail ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just a local waiter or local jobsworth that wanted/needed to upset the (bigshot) farang, so he could feel good in himself.

Looks like he succeeded. He'll sleep well in his 500b a month room tonight.

not EVERY thai resents foreigners

• Like 1

Just a local waiter or local jobsworth that wanted/needed to upset the (bigshot) farang, so he could feel good in himself.

Evidently. Didn't you read the OP? :huh:

"in over 18 months of lunching everywhere in Thailand from street kitchens to luxury hotels I have never once been refused a beer with my lunch."

Read up on exchange rates and inflation yet?

Evidently. Didn't you read the OP? huh.png

"in over 18 months of lunching everywhere in Thailand from street kitchens to luxury hotels I have never once been refused a beer with my lunch."

glad to see you agree

Evidently. Didn't you read the OP? huh.png

glad to see you agree

Yes.

The ones that advantage from you lub you mak mhaak loi. :rolleyes:

While he dreams about you going into alcohol withdrawal from missing your 3pm Leo beer. Seriously, count your blessings if this is a tragedy for you. Oh, yeah...Phuket retiree. Never mind.

Just 99%..........

From the OP:

Before I begin my complaint, I am aware of the 1965 "Child Protection Act" prohibiting retailers from selling alcohol between 2pm-5pm.

However, in over 18 months of lunching everywhere in Thailand from street kitchens to luxury hotels I have never once been refused a beer with my lunch. Does anyone know if this law applies to all businesses serving alcohol, I assumed it was 'off premise' sales only?

From the first reply:

Yes, this is the law.

This is the law you are apparently talking about, but it is from the year 2003, not from 1965

http://www.burmalibrary.org/docs07/2003_Child_Protection_Act(en).pdf

Read it and you will find no mention of alcohol, beer, lunch, restaurants.

Conclusion: This topic was started as a troll topic.

Action: mfr_closed1.gif