Russian Biker seriously hurt as he falls from Highway 7 ramp in North Pattaya

webfact

Russian Biker seriously hurt as he falls from Highway 7 ramp in North Pattaya

crash-46.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An 18 year old Russian motorcyclist was thrown 15 meters off the Highway 7 entry ramp in North Pattaya after he failed to negotiate a sharp right-hand bend at the top of the ramp which is situated on the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya.

Police and rescue services were called to the area on Monday afternoon and attended to Mr. Alex Guzeer who was lying on the Sukhumvit Road underneath the entry ramp. He was in considerable pain and had sustained a major trauma to his left leg after he was thrown from his Honda CBR 500 rented motorbike onto the road below.

His travelling companion is Mr. Vadim Gabov aged 15 who was driving a similar rented bike behind him. He told Police that the pair were on their way back home after spending the day at the Khao Keow Open Zoo in Sriracha.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/107235/russian-biker-hurt-falls-highway-7-ramp-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-29

I would guess he was an inexperience rider, probably his 1st time on a bike and going to fast. Who rents a 500CC bike to a 15 yr old child? Did the child even have a licence, somehow I doubt it very much. These rental companies have a degree of duty of care to ensure that their customers are licenced and not just for their safety but also for other road users.

• Like 2

I would guess he was an inexperience rider, probably his 1st time on a bike and going to fast. Who rents a 500CC bike to a 15 yr old child? Did the child even have a licence, somehow I doubt it very much. These rental companies have a degree of duty of care to ensure that their customers are licenced and not just for their safety but also for other road users.

''These rental companies have a degree of duty of care to ensure''

These rental companies SHOULD have a degree of duty of care to ensure

• Like 2

Neither one of them probably had a license. The shock will come when the hospital bill is presented; as far as I know most insurance companies will not pay a cent if you ride without a license (and many companies specifically exclude cover for riding bikes abroad).

• Like 2

Neither one of them probably had a license. The shock will come when the hospital bill is presented; as far as I know most insurance companies will not pay a cent if you ride without a license (and many companies specifically exclude cover for riding bikes abroad).

Maybe Daddy will keep an eye on them once he feels the pain in his wallet

A little perplexed as coming back from Khao Keow Open Zoo to Pattaya, Hwy 7 comes to a dead end at ground level at Sukhumvit.

You either turn left (South), or Right onto Sukhumvit at the traffic lights.

If you head North on Sukhumvit there is a ramp up with a steep right at the start of Highway 7 which heads in the Bangkok direction.

Some other unfortunates have hit the crash barrier there and gone over the edge onto Sukhumvit below.

It must indeed be the ramp that leads to the BKK-bound highway, which doesn't really make sense if they were coming back from Siracha... Anyway, I fail to see how someone could miss that sharp right turn... There are clear markings indicating that a sharp turn is coming.

• Like 1

Too many of these Rossi wannabe's assume it's the bike that corners on a 60 degree lean at 200klm/h all by itself.

Sorry Dude, but the bike has frig all to do with it.

Consider it a painful lesson in basic physics.

post-124914-0-40919100-1383017031_thumb.

• Like 2

A bit young to be riding a 500cc.......

During the war 18 y olds were flying bombers and spitfires

Most world champions are not even 20

It is the simple brain that can not cope with high ego's.

Plunging down 15m ,he probably thought :"дерьмо"(shit) i can fly?"

Very lucky to be alive !

The 15 y old was the smartest of the 2,he did not sit as a passenger.

He will probably rent a 1000cc next time ?

• Like 2

There is a certain talent that the locals possess with riding motorcycles at most speeds and with a varying number of passengers that foreigners(russians especially) will never master here. best not even try to fit in, just play it safe and use 4 wheels, public transport or walk. rental folks are certainly playing russian roulette with the lives of their beer toting customers.

Som Nam Na!!! I have stopped feeling sorry for all these stupid people who think they can drive a motorbike, and then have a accident. Driving a 500cc in shorts and T-shirt is just plain STUPID.

I agree with your comments and I also have no sympathy at all for the idiot. See too much of it in Pattaya and all over Thailand if it comes to that.crazy.gif

• Like 1

It must indeed be the ramp that leads to the BKK-bound highway, which doesn't really make sense if they were coming back from Siracha... Anyway, I fail to see how someone could miss that sharp right turn... There are clear markings indicating that a sharp turn is coming.

15 or 16 yr. old, 500 cb with friend on another bike, sharp turn? Give yourself a shakew00t.gif

Mr. Vadim Gabov aged 15

It's nothing to do with age, it's everything to do with experience and training.

I've been blown off the track by a 14 year old girl riding a GSXR600 and I was on a 1000. Her Dad was a bike nut and she'd been riding almost before she could walk. The worst part was that she had the bike painted bright pink and had a long ponytail blowing in the wind as she passed me on the inside of a turn at 160.

I'd be a dam_n sight happier being a pillion passenger behind her than a 40 year old whose sole claim to fame was that he'd never had a MV accident in his life.

Yes it is all to do with experience however you need to be 16 to ride a bike legally on the road in Russia. My thaivisa CSI trained brain would presume he had little riding experience and shouldn't have been on it.

Why not rent out twist and go's like on most of the islands, far safer.

Mr. Vadim Gabov aged 15

It's nothing to do with age, it's everything to do with experience and training.

I've been blown off the track by a 14 year old girl riding a GSXR600 and I was on a 1000. Her Dad was a bike nut and she'd been riding almost before she could walk. The worst part was that she had the bike painted bright pink and had a long ponytail blowing in the wind as she passed me on the inside of a turn at 160.

I'd be a dam_n sight happier being a pillion passenger behind her than a 40 year old whose sole claim to fame was that he'd never had a MV accident in his life.

Yes it is all to do with experience however you need to be 16 to ride a bike legally on the road in Russia. My thaivisa CSI trained brain would presume he had little riding experience and shouldn't have been on it.

Why not rent out twist and go's like on most of the islands, far safer.

The twist'n go's as you call them are no safer than a superbike when in the hands of an inexperienced (and in this case probably nil-experienced) rider. You're riding on the same piece of road surface and the road surface or the wall/car/pole you hit doesn't care how big the bike was. An analogy would be that a .22 cal. pistol is no safer in the hands of a three year old than a .44 magnum.

The only saving grace of a scooter is that the acceleration is nothing like as powerful as a sportsbike. But once you're past 50klm/h, hitting an immovable object will have the same overall effect.

• Like 1

During the war 18 y olds were flying bombers and spitfires

Most world champions are not even 20

It is the simple brain that can not cope with high ego's.

Plunging down 15m ,he probably thought :"дерьмо"(shit) i can fly?"

Very lucky to be alive !

The 15 y old was the smartest of the 2,he did not sit as a passenger.

He will probably rent a 1000cc next time ?

While I understand your comments about Spitfire pilots and world champions, the fact is that these kids have no experience

of riding powerful bikes. A few months ago in Jomtiem a Russian boy crashed and cut himself in two.

ive been round that ramp dozens of times at a rapid pace however some seem to think they can ride a lot lot faster than me and theyre the ones with huge scars or missing bits. 15 year old kid on a 500 honda? the only thing perplexing me is that they rent the bike almost certainly knowing its gonna get trashed. they must make a good return from the repair money but if the rider dies then who pays then?

Everyone just assumes that the 500cc was rented to a 15yo. I'd say it was a lot more likely that someone older rented it and allowed him to use it.

The current batch of Pattaya headlines is very telling about the new demographic here. It's all Russians, Iranians, Pakistani's, Indians and Omani's.

Edited by Spalpeen
  • Like 1