Welcome 365 Sports TV (maybe)/ Goodbye CTH (maybe)

wineman

I'm seriously considering cancelling CTH and subscribing to 365 Sports instead. I have caught a cold with CTH so am nervous about moving. What I would like is for some kind person who uses 365 Sports to give me his/her opinion of the service. I don't intend using a box initially.

I'm in the Darkside and use TOT. Usually I get a download of 9 Mbps from a UK server.

By the way, there is no sound on channel 5 again. My Thai wife called CTH, but ended the call virtually pulling her hair out because of the lack of help.

We've got TMN, so maybe I'll end up with TMN on a TV set, and 365 Sports on my pc.

Edited by wineman

My experience of 365 has been excellent. Software works well on the laptop, never had any buffering issues. Streams also play well on iPad and iPhone (there's no app, it runs inside the browser). My connection is True ADSL 13/1.5 in BKK.

Customer service is great and they are a friendly bunch. Fast response time.

I would say go for it definitely (I think they've got some promotion at the moment - 6 months for 2,000 baht, but I'm pretty sure it ends today, so you might want to hurry if you decide to sign up).

• Like 1

I have a subscription for sport365 and on the whole reasonably satisfied.

However, of late, a couple of worrying developments....Channel 5, which used to show primarily StarSports, was replaced by Eurosport - a decidedly backward step, in my opinion. And just noticed yesterday that Channel 6, which used to show cricket, has gone altogether (not a big cricket fan so no loss to me but others may take a different view).

By accident, I came across www.ilikehd.com, which like sport365 uses servers in Thailand so little buffering. You have to register with an email, after which you can check out a number of free channels, including SkyNews.

They broadcast a lot of channels in HD, which (I believe) sport365 are still working on.

There are various sports channels and their online schedule says they broadcast most of the BPL games, F1 and a whole lot more.

You pay for the premium channels with True Money - 200 baht for a month's viewing or 30 baht for two hours. I am going to invest 30 baht and compare the quality of picture with sport365 for a live football match tomorrow.