For children it is ok to ......

benalibina

if i read your post correctly you are asking us if we think its okay for children to be raised by someone OTHER than the natural parents even if they are still alive. yes, its done all the time. uncles ans aunties often raise children that are not theres

Happens all the time, especially in Thailand it's common. Parents working away is an example. I know a kid in our village whos dad has left and mum moved overseas with new hubby leaving the kid to live with grandma. His grandma is a lovely lady but it's a bit sad for the young kid who would'nt understand properly why his mum and dad have left him.

A regular occurrence in villages I have been to. No father on the scene and mother comes home to visit once a month from Bangkok or Pattaya or wherever she is working. Many feel it is better to send money for the family than to be there to raise the children themselves. That does not mean the parents do not miss seeing their children.

• Like 2

I'm no psychologist but ...

I thought it would depend more on the individual person/people who do the parenting rather then if they are their natural or blood parents.

Parenting by a families could promote a wider viewpoint in a child ... a broader outlook.

Parenting by a families could also be a problem when there is conflicting advise given or, lack of consistency, or a feeling by the child that no-one cares.

Like many issues, it often comes down to the person rather then the situation.