Isuzu MUX

Bubbles a dealer would make smile.png.... Price wise the MUX is in line with the Captiva. Same footprint. Chevy is also not really clear about their "classifictions". Doesn't matter, as Toyota has nothing in this segment anyway, other than stoneage Forester. So it's all mixed up and up to the buyer to believe the marketing bullshit smile.png.

I drive a Mazda, so out of my league anyway smile.png

Edited by MadMac

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juts curious - why is it the MU-X seems to be more broadly accepted here than the Trailblazer? It's the same car just with different lamps and a weaker engine, and you guys are farang, so not meant to be anti-Chev ;)

• Like 1

Bubbles a dealer would make smile.png.... Price wise the MUX is in line with the Captiva. Same footprint. Chevy is also not really clear about their "classifictions". Doesn't matter, as Toyota has nothing in this segment anyway, other than stoneage Forester. So it's all mixed up and up to the buyer to believe the marketing bullshit smile.png.

Since when did Toyota start manufacturing Subaru's? :P

Oh, you mean Fortuner :D

Here some photo`s I made yesterday in Maha Sarakam.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gif5.jpg

attachicon.gif6.jpg

Thanx for being the first to post these long awaited pics!

The Mu-X looks good, inside and out!

I really like that color and the way the 3rd row seat folds down into the floor.

On the negative side, it looks as though Isuzu is still staying with its puny 16" tires (and brakes)? .... though those can easily be upgraded in the aftermarket.

Edited by thailoht

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo .. The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel ..you can keep your petrol cars ! PS .. God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !! So crank it up !! ENJOY ! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo .. The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel ..you can keep your petrol cars ! PS .. God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !! So crank it up !! ENJOY ! thumbsup.gif

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif

Are you saying that the new MU-X has much more power and is even quieter than the 1st gen MU-7? What year is(was) your first Isuzu 3.0L turbo?

Stoneage ? The Subaru Forester here in Thailand is a new model this year........2014 model, check out Subaru Thailand website

post-42643-0-07251800-1383533625_thumb.j

Maybe your thinking of the stoneage Toyota Fortuner ?

Edited by ignis

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif

Are you saying that the new MU-X has much more power and is even quieter than the 1st gen MU-7? What year is(was) your first Isuzu 3.0L turbo?

Isuzu + subwoofers + farang - I now have this vision of an expat retiree driving down the road in Isaan, all windows down, right arm sun burned, playing mor lam music you can hear from a KM away :P

• Like 2

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo .. The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel ..you can keep your petrol cars ! PS .. God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !! So crank it up !! ENJOY ! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Previous was from the Platinum series , but the " All new" Isuzu have New Motor, drive train etc... big improvement !!! DRIVE ON !!

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo .. The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel ..you can keep your petrol cars ! PS .. God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !! So crank it up !! ENJOY ! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

My man!

.... and that's why sub-woofers were invented! Enjoy, indeed! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Isuzu + subwoofers + farang - I now have this vision of an expat retiree driving down the road in Isaan, all windows down, right arm sun burned, playing mor lam music you can hear from a KM away tongue.png

LOL Your pretty close to the mark IMHO !! clap2.gif .... But ACDC Sound a lot better then Mor Lam music ! and scares the shit out of some thai's cheesy.gif

My man!

Previous was from the Platinum series , but the " All new" Isuzu have New Motor, drive train etc... big improvement !!! DRIVE ON !!

The MUX rear disc brakes are an improvement. 177 hp and 380Nm is better than the old model but Isuzu are really only keeping up with the other Jap pickups.

Is there any other big improvement in the 3.0L engine and drive-train?

Edited by Jitar

My man!

The MUX rear disc brakes are an improvement. 177 hp and 380Nm is better than the old model but Isuzu are really only keeping up with the other Jap pickups.

AFAIK, the Mu-X has the updated version of their venerable 3.0L, 163 hp to 177 hp. The 2012 Isuzu 3.0L edges out all the others, it is a sweet running power plant, IMHO - of course. If all they did was add the additional hp, then all the better.

The 1st gen drive train is admittedly somewhat dated, mechanically, 'but', it, too, runs nice and shifts very smoothly.

My man!

The revised 3.0L dates back to 2011. Differences are updated commonrail system, slight revisions to turbo, and some changes to improve NVH. According to Isuzu they're "not playing the numbers game" but are instead focussed on drivability, FE and durability. Having driven the 3.0L current gen D-Max, I'd have to say there's no way you'd rate it (subjectively) below the Chev 2.8L, Ford 3.2L or Mitsu 2.5L when it comes to actual driving. The Toyota 3.0L is still the most refined in the segment though, IMHO.

The revised 3.0L dates back to 2011. Differences are updated commonrail system, slight revisions to turbo, and some changes to improve NVH. According to Isuzu they're "not playing the numbers game" but are instead focused on driveability, FE and durability. Having driven the 3.0L current gen D-Max, I'd have to say there's no way you'd rate it (subjectively) below the Chev 2.8L, Ford 3.2L or Mitsu 2.5L when it comes to actual driving. The Toyota 3.0L is still the most refined in the segment though, IMHO.

I try to let facts, statics, etc., guide me to my final list. At this time, I would rate the Isuzu 3.0L 'Top Dog' over the Toyota 3.0L solely because the Isuzu 3.0L has better FE and a steel timing chain (as opposed to a polyester-cord timing 'belt') for added engine integrity and worry-free longevity.

Plus, it can be modded - after warranty period of course) - to produce more power than its Toyota rival.

Edited by thailoht

attachicon.gif6.jpg

What is this large box in the trunk on the last picture? Looks weird.

http://www.headlightmag.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6799:Exclusive-First-Impression-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-Isuzu-MU-X-3-0-VGS-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%81-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-Headlightmag&catid=75:midsize-suv&Itemid=94

First impression on headlight mag. Asked my gf to quickly read it, seems like the journalist liked it.

Few key points : Very comfortable seats. Firm but comfortable suspension (?). 2.5l motor option more than enough but 3l more fun to drive, also quieter. Better than the trailblazer or pajero on pretty much all accounts.

attachicon.gif6.jpg

http://www.headlightmag.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6799:Exclusive-First-Impression-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-Isuzu-MU-X-3-0-VGS-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%81-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-Headlightmag&catid=75:midsize-suv&Itemid=94

First impression on headlight mag. Asked my gf to quickly read it, seems like the journalist liked it.

Few key points : Very comfortable seats. Firm but comfortable suspension (?). 2.5l motor option more than enough but 3l more fun to drive, also quieter. Better than the trailblazer or pajero on pretty much all accounts.

Thanx for this review, it was very informative! coffee1.gif I like the way the article compares various components of the MU-X to its Trailblazer, Fortuner and Pajero competitors.

The article states that MU-X will be the first new car model ever to be launched here in LOS! Bite that, competitors! bah.gif

That 'large box' in the rear is a storage box.

Upholstery color option will be offered in off-white.

It's rear ceiling mount DVD screen will be a whopping 10.5"!

attachicon.gif6.jpg

Tool box

Thanx for that insight! thumbsup.gif

Though the MU-X gains 2nd and 3rd row seats that fold flat, what is lost, sadly, is the plush-like quality of the 2nd and 3rd row seats of the MU-7! There is always a trade-off and a price to be paid in this segment of the economy.

Tool box

Thanx for that insight! thumbsup.gif

Though the MU-X gains 2nd and 3rd row seats that fold flat, what is lost, sadly, is the plush-like quality of the 2nd and 3rd row seats of the MU-7! There is always a trade-off and a price to be paid in this segment of the economy.

Your undying loyalty to Isuzu is commendable - even when faced with the fact that the MU-X lost the only two points of differentiation the previous model had (larger trunk and better 3rd row seats), and even though it's now a Brazilian designed Chevy with an 9 year old Isuzu engine it, you're still waving the flag just as proudly as ever :D

Finally, T/A and Fredob have some competition :P