Isuzu MUX

The Aussie market gets all the Thai pickup models with same engines as Fortuner and MUX and they have realistic fuel emission tests and reviews.

The Fortuner was banned from sale in EU and a few other markets due instability, rollovers and safety issues when undergoing the swerve (moose) test.

Geez, this is the first purported official mention of this problem that I am hearing and would seem to support AOP's assertion of the weekly pile up of Fortuners(?) vehicles at the bottom of his mountain. coffee1.gif Before this, I was praising the ride quality of the rental Fortuner that I had driven on trips in the mountains and over thousands of km of the roads of LOS - just goes to show you.....

Any car, if driven safely can go through a mountain. Some cars go easily topple if driven unsafely. In the end it always boils down to the driver;

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Aussie market gets all the Thai pickup models with same engines as Fortuner and MUX and they have realistic fuel emission tests and reviews.

The Fortuner was banned from sale in EU and a few other markets due instability, rollovers and safety issues when undergoing the swerve (moose) test.

Geez, this is the first purported official mention of this problem that I am hearing and would seem to support AOP's assertion of the weekly pile up of Fortuners(?) vehicles at the bottom of his mountain. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24> Before this, I was praising the ride quality of the rental Fortuner that I had driven on trips in the mountains and over thousands of km of the roads of LOS - just goes to show you.....

Any car, if driven safely can go through a mountain. Some cars go easily topple if driven unsafely. In the end it always boils down to the driver;

My fault for not being clearer!

The 'mountains' I am referring to are the two groups of mountains along the Lom Sak highway, Route 12, between Routes 11 and 201. These two mountains can be as treacherous a drive as the scenic views there are spectacular. Here, you have all the makings of an obstacle course: sharp, curving and steeply ascending - descending switchbacks, (all at the same time!). There is barely any 'road shoulder', but only, either the bare face of a mountainside and(!)/or the steep drop 'off' of said mountain on either side of you while the view can also be spectacular at the same time! Though I would not recommend driving these mountains in rainy conditions or at night(!), during the sunny day time, this is the perfect scenario in which to put one's car to the test.

When I happened to be driving in these mountains, it was getting late in the afternoon. I got behind some hot-shot in a juiced up pickup who must have been trying to get home before dark because he was 'flying'. I was in the rental Fortuner so I tried to keep up with him. Following that guy proved to be one heck of a ride! The Fortuner's brakes, engine performance, cornering and handling were all put to the test that day!

It's a good(?) thing I wasn't aware of any rollover accusations of the Fortuner before taking that drive! I definitely pushed that Fortuner's abilities with that mountain drive but even though it didn't quite handle like the BMW SUV that I once drove in a somewhat similar mountain setting, the Fortuner ride was a thrill.

Nothing wrong with any Fortuna in experianced hands, but the Bargirls Choise gets a bad name from the Drivers Inexperiance, and belief that those aid things make it a Range Rover or Land Cruiser.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif>

BTW, AOP, where is the location of that (in)famous mountain road of 'rollover' Fortuners that you mentioned earlier?

Nearly all the Mountain Runs near me in Nan Province, i have to clear them daily, as does anyone in that area. Considering the amount of Normal Pikups that far outnumber Fortuna / Isuzu Moo Types its remakable and sad to see so many Truck Based Hi Riders that tumble over. PJS for some reason are rare,as is anything else exept old Busses. No dont have a Downer on some Rides, perhaps i see more blood and mangled folk than most for no reason but looks and ego.As an asside Big Ghetto Wheel Types never survive, for what. Nothing.!!

Allways Welcomb, im the Retired Ferang who takes friends rides there , and fills the Bin with Leo Cans and generally annoys folk. Bit like here realy !!. Theres a super Brit run resturant here , apart fom that its dead. thumbsup.gif .

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font removed.

Nearly all the Mountain Runs near me in Nan Province, i have to clear them daily, as does anyone in that area. Considering the amount of Normal Pikups that far outnumber Fortuna / Isuzu Moo Types its remakable and sad to see so many Truck Based Hi Riders that tumble over. PJS for some reason are rare,as is anything else exept old Busses. No dont have a Downer on some Rides, perhaps i see more blood and mangled folk than most for no reason but looks and ego.As an asside Big Ghetto Wheel Types never survive, for what. Nothing.!!

Slightly off-topic but Ace you really live in a nice part of the country, might go there on holiday with the family and when the car needs a wash I will ask for the big white farang working at the local car-wash wink.png

Now I see what you mean! I can only imagine a lot of what you must see can be attributed to driver inexperience ....

That's beautiful laid back living! I have only been to Route 11 in Den Chai but, like Sjonburi, have been looking to driving the area around Route 101, Route 1080 and Route 103. Would you know if driving on these Routes is as comparable to the type of road conditions along Route 11 around Den Chai?

Hey Ace, I concur, the roads near Nan and Boklua are lovely to drive through! I have been there back in May, and my PJS got also hardly tested on those beautiful mountain roads. I will confess though, they are not comparable to the harshness of the mountain roads near Mae Sot (Burmese border).

what 's Isuzu MUX?sorry.gif.pagespeed.ce.HIAcli9fRM.png

Because you have a pretty moniker giggle.gif and in case you really don't know ....

The Isuzu MU-X, (pronounced: Moo - 'X'), is that nice looking 2014 SUV that is on display at Isuzu dealerships everywhere. It replaces the famous MU-7 SUV that has been a mainstay throughout LOS.

Now, if that presentation impressed you in any way, I can personally arrange to take you for a ride in my MU-X. laugh.png

Because you have a pretty moniker giggle.gif and in case you really don't know ....

The Isuzu MU-X, (pronounced: Moo - 'X'), is that nice looking 2014 SUV that is on display at Isuzu dealerships everywhere. It replaces the famous MU-7 SUV that has been a mainstay throughout LOS.

Now, if that presentation impressed you in any way, I can personally arrange to take you for a ride in my MU-X. laugh.png

You are so funny, I think i know it is a brand ISUZU car, thanks for your explaination clearly.clap2.giftongue.png

You are so funny, I think i know it is a brand ISUZU car, thanks for your explanation clearly.clap2.giftongue.png

Glad to be of assistance and thank you for having a good sense of humor! thumbsup.gif

You are so funny, I think i know it is a brand ISUZU car, thanks for your explanation clearly.clap2.giftongue.png

Glad to be of assistance and thank you for having a good sense of humor! thumbsup.gif

Because you are a very very humorous person, you infected me.biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.pngcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Edited by Katie Luo

Because you are a very very humorous person, you infected me biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.pngcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Ha-ha-ha! tongue.png

It's actually an acronym for Mysterious Utility - true story :)

It's actually an acronym for Mysterious Utility - true story smile.png

It was another top poster, whose moniker also happened to consist of a capital 'M' and a capital 'O' whistling.giflaugh.png, who mentioned this before I bought my MU-7. I thought it was a spontaneous creation on his part, but taking in language differences, I can see how their word for 'mysterious' can be interpreted as having a multiple amount of - unforeseen - uses, thus, 'Mysterious' as pertaining to an undefinable amount of.... this is an example of why the term, 'Lost in Translation', was coined.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, seeing lots of these now, some tricked out with rapper dubs wheels etc.. looks like the new Isaan toy.

Read some reviews out of Australia and seems to be a rock solid vehicle, if lacking in urban luxury. long way to go to equal a Cadillac Escalade. tongue.png

Cadillac_Escalade_with_30in_DUB%20Swyrl_
Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by keemapoot

I live in a little Village out in the sticks, within the last 7 days 2x Toyota Fortuners vanished and now a new MU-X sits in there drives.. Toyota drivers jumping ship ?

Yup!

Until we see what the new Everest will be like, it looks as though the 2 new 'kids' on the block - the MU-X and the Chevy Trailblazer - could be giving, (if not outright overtaking), the Pajero Sport a proverbial 'run' for its leader status!

I live in a little Village out in the sticks, within the last 7 days 2x Toyota Fortuners vanished and now a new MU-X sits in there drives.. Toyota drivers jumping ship ?

Yup!

Until we see what the new Everest will be like, it looks as though the 2 new 'kids' on the block - the MU-X and the Chevy Trailblazer - could be giving, (if not outright overtaking), the Pajero Sport a proverbial 'run' for its leader status!

Isnt there a big price difference twixt Blazer and PJ S though ? . Nice whiteish Leathery/Plastic seats in the MUX ive got outside belonging to Guest, is it Leather i wonder ?, it sure aint Honda/ Mitsu quality. All round i think its dam good , better value than the Blazer.thumbsup.gif