Anyone order a Nexus 5

yankee99

Last week i dropped my 1st gen samsung note and the want 4500 to repair the screen. Trade in is only 5000-6000 so last night i ordered a white N5 16 gb $349+13.99(shipping)+ 20.94(tax) $383.93 plus whatever it costs to ship to thailand.

After looking at the spec i dont see anything that can compete in this price range Probably under 13000baht delivered.

Google Nexus phones typically represent a significant value, assuming you are happy with the hardware (no battery access, no uSD, etc.), and can get the unit for a reasonable all in price.

I have a GNEX 4 (purchased in the U.S. from the Play Store), and I will probably get a GNEX 5 on my next trip back to the U.S. (Christmas/New Years), assuming they are in stock.

There were a lot of people who purchased GNEX 4's and had them drop/re-shipped to Thailand, based on my recollection of various posts.

Am tempted ... how you shipping it? Which play store did you order from?

I ordered from the usa play store. I looked about an hour ago and seems it a 3-4week wait mine should ship today (friday est). I will just have my son reship it to thailand as its less then 8oz probably $15 via usps and low% of having any customs charges.

• Like 1

Do you know which 3G/LTE variant you purchased? D821? D820? Were you offered the option?

When I ordered my GNEX 4 they said it would take 2 -3 weeks, I then got an email 5 minutes later saying it had shipped, and it arrived two days later.

Bought one today. 32gig white model. The shipping times kept fluctuation between 'out of stock', '3-4 weeks' and '2-3 weeks'. So when I saw the 2-3 week option return I jumped on it. Shipping date set at Nov 22.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I ordered a 16gig black one 3 days ago. It said 3-4 weeks wait. It actually shipped last night. Will use Shipito to forward it on to me by Airmail Priority, as I did with my Nexus 4. No duty paid on that one, so hopefully...

I ordered a 16gig black one 3 days ago. It said 3-4 weeks wait. It actually shipped last night. Will use Shipito to forward it on to me by Airmail Priority, as I did with my Nexus 4. No duty paid on that one, so hopefully...

The play store said mine was delivered but ups has not even picked it up yet ;(