Thai Tourism industry group warns against extra fee from foreign tourists

webfact

100,000 begging on the streets Bu/S##t, Farrangs being the burden on the health service Bu/S##t

Foreign workers mostly cross border jobs.

Farrangs to blame--get them at the airport -it's always them they are a necessary evil in the Kingdom. of course its not OUR fault we shouldn't have to organize workers to pay a little---OR have an arrangement with our neighbours on health.

we can all write travel reviews sending people elsewhere. That would fix the government. Po

Trip advisor..agoda..get going people!

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

I intend on doing just that. I returned yesterday from a week long trip to Issan and Laos. The Lao people were generous, friendly, and I feel I got good value for my money. Even the immigration and Customs folks smiled and said welcome to Lao.

They're smiling cause they know it's illegal for foreigners to have sex with their (Laos) women.

So if you don't mind never having sex again in your life, Laos is a great place for expats to retire.

Edited by oldthaihand99

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on Khun Piyaman for pointing out the greed in this idea.

It would be good to have many more like her in positions of power.

Don't expect anybody to listen to her. Do expect much more of this down the road. The milk-the-foreigner/quality-tourists-will-pay mentality is too well entrenched. They won't see the error in that thinking until the last tourist stops coming, and even then it's not likely to sink in.

• Like 1

I can imagine the big mess at the airport if people need to change money to pay those 500 bath , I can imagine the long queue at "Entering Thailand fee counter" , immigration ..those at immigration but who forgot to go and pay this fee .....ETC ....... dont you see it coming that way ? And that's how some other countries will benefit from tourism instead of some greedy Thai .....

Of course there will be a long line, but so what? When I visited Argentina and Chile, they have a separate line for citizens of the USA, Mexico, Canada, etc. with "Reciprocity Fees" posted. The USA is the highest at $160. You can pay in cash or credit card, but you must pay or you do not enter the country. B500 = $16. Chump change for an international traveller.

I quite like the idea.

Actually i don't care.

Where i come from they really tax you.

Let them have it, its just 12 Euro or so...

I'm alright Jack.....

You like the idea? blink.png

Where you come from they tax visitors?

For me, it's just 12 Euro EVERY MONTH!! facepalm.gif 6000 Baht a year.