Caulking and masking tape

chiangrai

Hi,

I've been painting...............

I've done a little bit in Europe too.I just used the old style beige masking tape and it worked o.k.

Then I tried the Thai masking tape and some times it worked O.k,some times it didn't.It was very thin and frail.

So I was back in Europe a while back and got the new style blue masking tape,thinking that would be the end of my problems.

But there was no stickiness to it at all and it just as thin as the Thai stuff.

Then I went watching some videos on YouTube and the American guys there were using caulking from a tube just like the silicone tube and gun.

That's my story,don't know where to go from here.

Is caulking sold in Thailand,if so what is it called,is it any good.

I also have a masking tape roller which seems very hard.

All advice welcome,

Thanks

Mostly I use masking tape when painting a fake skirting board.I don't know the American English for skirting board.

But it's the ornamental board that goes around the bottom of the wall all around the room.

Living in rented accommodation I just paint a fake one on.So it's concrete I'm trying to stick the tape to and that's where I'm having problems come to think of it.

The tape sticks fine to anything else,door frames windows etc...

I also have problems when I try to paint these concrete posts they have in Asian rooms,a different colour to the rest of the wall.Again sticking the tape to concrete.

Are we on to some thing here

Sounds good...what's a car detaliers shop,

Do you know what it's called exactly because I might try buying it online.

Thanks

It's always pre painted concrete wall where I have trouble.

Should I sand it down or wipe it with white spirits.

I don't have much experience in these matters as you can probably tell

Sounds good...what's a car detaliers shop,

Do you know what it's called exactly because I might try buying it online.

Thanks

It's always pre painted concrete wall where I have trouble.

Should I sand it down or wipe it with white spirits.

I don't have much experience in these matters as you can probably tell

If you want to buy online, you'll find many vendors for it at the "Thai Washer Car Club" forums. Cannot link to other forums form this site, so you'll have to google it.

Thanks,

I'll give it a try.

But why can't I get the proper stuff to work.I would try the caiulking stuff if I new if it was for sale here and they didn't have a different name for it.

It's a long way to the city from here to look for something that you don't know is for sale.

Thanks,

I'll give it a try.

But why can't I get the proper stuff to work.I would try the caiulking stuff if I new if it was for sale here and they didn't have a different name for it.

It's a long way to the city from here to look for something that you don't know is for sale.

Sounds like it's either the paint that's been used (maybe has teflon?) or just crappy tape.

I'd be very surprised if the 3M tape recommended didn't work, and no need to venture any further than your computer to buy some ;)