Don Muang to Hua Hin by car/taxi

Stekmer

We were booked on a Nok Air flight from Nakhon Phanom that arrived in BKK at around 1000 hrs on Feb 14th - plenty of time to catch the 1300 hrs train to Hua Hin. Nok Air have changed the flight schedule and the plane now gets in at 1300 hrs.

I'm rethinking the train idea as the trains departing from 1500 hr arive after dark.

Has anyone recently taken a taxi from Don Maung to Hua Hin?

What was the price and are there any reliable services that I can pre-book?

Thanks in advance

Suspect there are many service like this: http://taxibangkokservice.com/ and as they drive to DMK suspect they do pick-ups there as well.

A regular metered taxi to Hua Hin is ~ 2,000 baht flat fee.

Private car types are probably 2,500 - 3,000.

On a budget? Head down to Victory Monument, not too far from DMK, and catch a mini-van.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

Note that you might also be able to catch the train at Bang Sue Junction/train Station, which is ~ 8 Km SSW from DMK. Given that SRT trains run so far behind schedule you might even be able to catch your desired train. assuming you were using the Hua Lumphong departure time as a target?

Looking at the SRT schedules: I see a "Rapid" # 171 departing/passing Bang Sue at 13:33 arriving Hua Hin 18:42 and a "Special Express" #35 departing/passing Bang Sue at 15:09 arriving Hua Hin at 18:42.

No problem lomatopo.

I checked out a few places and settled on www.travelthaiservice.com for a 2,200 Bht ride from DMK to Hua Hin.

They replied to emails very quickly.

Most advertise 2,000 Bht from BKK Airport to Hua Hin but this is from Suwannabhumi with an extra 200 Bht for DMK Pickup.

Return prices range from 1,900 to 2,000 Bht with a small discount for booking the return trip in advance.