Best tattoo artists in samui or Surat thani

Jubes

I'm thinking about getting more ink done when in samui next and I'm wondering if anyone knows someone who is good an reputable.

I know there are a few in chaweng and lamai but don't know anyone who personally has had work done there.

Thanks in adavance.

My question, if you don't mind, is.........why?

No offense. Seems everybody has some personal reason. You're not going to do this because it's so...consumer like, are you?

My advice, and I have none to speak of as in tatts, is that if you are going for anything ASIAN as in Japanese or Chinese, PLEASE PLEASE get a Japanese artist or Chinese artist.

I read and write fluent Chinese/Japanese and I've seen some really stupid Chinese characters are white people who don't know better.

Just my two cents worth.

Yeah I got a taste for tattoos quite a while ago as I have a couple traditional maori tatts as to my heritage so Im already quite accustomed an really like most styles.

I'm not really after any Asian style as I already have a design in mind but would really like to know an artist there that I can trust to do a good job because its gonna be quite big and very intricate.

Also I wouldn't mind saving a bit of cash doing it there this time round.

Tong Tattoo in Bangrak 0839734522 very good and does excellent cover ups if you need and Power Bear Tattoo in Soi Solo Chaweng, sorry don't have his number but very creative and excellent freehand. Just my 2 satangs!!

Thanks for replies guys.

I initially was gonna go with tak but thought I'd throw the question out there anyway.

I will probably take a ride and have look around at some of the other studios suggested.

Does anyone know which studio tak works himself or is it both by booking?

• 4 weeks later...

HEY! i know its not samui but you should check out this guy at Niramit tattoo studio in haad rin koh phangan his name is nhong he's a true artist and his tattoos are amazing hes good with any style and the shop is nice and clean and full of his original artwork. here is the link to his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NiramitTattooStudioKohPhangan hope you find what youre looking for!