Where to buy a good quality cake within 1 Km radius of Phantip Plaza

telstrareg

Pumpkin Bread!!!!!!!

Will get that.. Developed somewhat of an addiction I think.. wink.png

What's it like? Properly spiced with things like Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Cardamom and Nutmeg?

That sounds like a Dutch version of pumpkin bread. The Dutch like lots of spices in their pastries. For Americans. it's a bit over the top. Ours is American style. So cinnamon and allspice only.

Edited by butterisbetter
  • Like 1

It sounds like gingerbread with pumpkin - which sounds pretty good! Anyone know of any bakers making gingerbread for Christmas?

Everything except the cardamom which for me, at least, is more of a savory spice. And gingerbread is great. But it's intense in flavor and meant to be nibbled at. Except for the cardamom all theses spices are also commonly found in pumpkin pie but there the high fat content softens the spices' flavor. For a nice thick slice of pumpkin bread, I think less is more. But obviously, this is all a matter of taste and, in most cases, largely determined by what you grew up with.

• Like 1

That sounds like a Dutch version of pumpkin bread. The Dutch like lots of spices in their pastries. For Americans. it's a bit over the top. Ours is American style. So cinnamon and allspice only.

Are you making mince tarts again this Christmas? I thought they were great.

I guess it depends on energy levels. The crust is made with almond flour which is kind of hard to work with. We should do it.

• Like 1

Pumpkin Bread!!!!!!!

Will get that.. Developed somewhat of an addiction I think.. wink.png

What's it like? Properly spiced with things like Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Cardamom and Nutmeg?

Ah okay.. This place in the US puts in most of those I mentioned though. (Perhaps not ginger and/or cardamom) but it was very close (in taste) to those Dutch/German cookies.

Something like this, though without the seeds on top: http://www.copykat.com/2012/12/09/starbucks-pumpkin-bread/

Of course, the US is a big place. ;) I run into that time and again.

I guess it depends on energy levels. The crust is made with almond flour which is kind of hard to work with. We should do it.

I you do make them save a couple of dozen for me. Twenty for me and the rest for missus and son. I can taste them now.