Emirates - cheek buggers!

sustento

Etihad allow you to bid for an upgrade. I thought maybe worthwhile to put in a low offer and see what happen but oh no - minimum bid allowable well in XS of 400 quid (for half a journey between UK and BKK).

These Arab airlines are good at lots of things but they haven't got their cultural reference points over these 'offers' right. They do nothing but annoy the $hit out of their European customers tongue.png .

Etihad allow you to bid for an upgrade. I thought maybe worthwhile to put in a low offer and see what happen but oh no - minimum bid allowable well in XS of 400 quid (for half a journey between UK and BKK).

These Arab airlines are good at lots of things but they haven't got their cultural reference points over these 'offers' right. They do nothing but annoy the $hit out of their European customers Posted Image .

You just enjoy your bucket an pack yer spade my gooner buddy....you should be on points with Emirates per post here! :D

British Airways "Club World" next month for me....I will take a newspaper to read during takeoff and landing to avoid falling foul of their Kindle nazis.....:blink:

What a bargain to be shoe horned into a Faux Business class with 7 across.................

I'm doing J in a few weeks into Thiefrow and out of Birmingham is it better on the A380 ? I realise out of Birmingham is the 777 only. I wanted in and out of Birmingham but there was a seat sale so they booked me into Heathrow.

Susteno does that upgrade fee allow the free limo ?

What a bargain to be shoe horned into a Faux Business class with 7 across.................

I'm doing J in a few weeks into Thiefrow and out of Birmingham is it better on the A380 ? I realise out of Birmingham is the 777 only. I wanted in and out of Birmingham but there was a seat sale so they booked me into Heathrow.

Todd. I haven't flown the A380 as Emirates are my choice of airline to AVOID. I have the misfortune of flying them again next week as they are the only carrier I can get between Ghana and BKK, I am trying for the A380 from DXB-BKK as I have been told this is slightly better in Business.

Todd. I haven't flown the A380 as Emirates are my choice of airline to AVOID. I have the misfortune of flying them again next week as they are the only carrier I can get between Ghana and BKK, I am trying for the A380 from DXB-BKK as I have been told this is slightly better in Business.

Cheers - look forward to hearing your comments. It's a pity they don't fly the a380 into Birmingham - I've read the reviews but the price was decent, we always fly TG out of London so we're sort of used to mediocre/poor service in business.

No you don't get the free limo and you don't get any extra FF miles either. If it's anything like the last FF upgrade I got you have to pay extra airport tax too!

The guys over at PPRune seem to think it's a good deal but I'm not quite sure that they understand it's only for one segment rather than the whole round trip. Just called the nice lady in Cheshire and told her about my dodgy leg. Seems I'll be boarding before anyone else biggrin.png

• Like 1

The A380 is quite a lot quieter than the 777. Don't know what biz is like as I've never flown it. I did fly the old Emirates biz which wasn't as good as China Airlines premium economy in my opinion. I have possibly the shortest legs in the world so legroom isn't something I worry about too much.

As long as it gets me to Thailand I don't really give a shit tongue.png

In order to sponsor all manner of sport, they Jack up their prices. Just decent service and reasonable prices are all that we require. I don't need to see the name EMIRATES plastered over every two-bit sporting mob around the world.

About time these carriers got back to reality and took their collective hand off the "joy stick."

Yeah quite a few airlines are providing this bidding nonsense. EY and EK both ask extortionate fares to upgrade, essentially the same price as if you bought a business class ticket. I inquired about upgrading on EY from Dublin to Abu Dhabi, they wanted 500+ euros for a 7 hrs flight, get farked!!

However, on KLM I upgraded from Capetown to Amsterdam for 300 euro (10 hrs overnight flight) which seemed reasonable and worth it to me.

These Arab airlines are good at lots of things but they haven't got their cultural reference points over these 'offers' right. They do nothing but annoy the $hit out of their European customers tongue.png .

Did you tell Arsenal they should not accept the 150 million sponsor ship deal with Emirates because "They do nothing but annoy the $hit out of their European customers"

Just curious

EK 380 biz is ok but a little cramped, with very little floor level legroom (feet have to be raised 9" into a box in front of you to stretch out), but the bar is a good feature. 380 1st is much nicer though, what with the showers and all, "max occupancy 2" it says above the door...smile.png

The A380 is quite a lot quieter than the 777. Don't know what biz is like as I've never flown it. I did fly the old Emirates biz which wasn't as good as China Airlines premium economy in my opinion. I have possibly the shortest legs in the world so legroom isn't something I worry about too much.

As long as it gets me to Thailand I don't really give a shit tongue.png

Couldn't agree more - flew Emirates BNE-BKK a couple of years back and it was fine - no real complaints. Told myself that my last flight out of Oz would have to be Business Class, but when I realised I could get SYD-KUL for 340AUD return I said 'to hell with it'. For most here, 8 hours on XAX followed by a connecting flight in KL wouldn't sit too well, but Jetstar is a lot worse - they dump you in Darwin and again in Singapore. xe.com has 340AUD at less than 240 EUR, fwiw - cheapest flight to Asia I've ever had, and the battle has always been getting to a regional hub. Roll on 2014 !

(DMK vs Swampy ? I'll be so happy to be back in town I wont give a shit about Don Muang ;) )

Seven across in Emirates Business Class? Which Emirates aircraft has that? As far as I know, six across is the max, and the new business class seating on A380s and B777s is staggered 1-2-1

The new business class seating in the B777s and A380s is identical. Personally, I prefer the B777, as I do not prefer all the hassles that come with being on a flight with 500+ other passengers, although I realise that this is attractive to the airlines and profitability.

Seven across in Emirates Business Class? Which Emirates aircraft has that? As far as I know, six across is the max, and the new business class seating on A380s and B777s is staggered 1-2-1

The new business class seating in the B777s and A380s is identical. Personally, I prefer the B777, as I do not prefer all the hassles that come with being on a flight with 500+ other passengers, although I realise that this is attractive to the airlines and profitability.

Never seen staggered biz on EK 777's, only 2-3-2 (last time was 2 weeks ago).

Thanks for that, Upnotover. I have to apologise and I wish I could delete my earlier post! I completely spaced out on that one, and you are correct - EK do have 777s with 2-3-2 and they do not have staggered 1-2-1. I guess I was thinking of a recent TG flight to LAX, which was the new 777-300er 1-2-1 staggered seating and it looks a lot like EK's A380 seating.

Here is a good reference site:

http://www.theeksource.com/flyingemirates.html

What can I say except 'duh'? blink.png.pagespeed.ce.AQgCnSOpp_.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If it is the destination LEG that is upgraded to business and you do it 24 hours before the flight then YES you are entitled to the limo service which can be booked and confirmed with your online checkin.

Kurt

I'm European, they've never annoyed me. I used to fly with them regularly between Dubai and SE Asia, I like them a lot. I also like their business class but then I've not flown business class on many airlines so not in as good a position to compare as some of you lucky b*ggers :)

As to the upgrades thing, they are a business, they are trying to make money, is that not what businesses do? I can't see why such an offer would actually annoy anybody.

Thanks for that, Upnotover. I have to apologise and I wish I could delete my earlier post! I completely spaced out on that one, and you are correct - EK do have 777s with 2-3-2 and they do not have staggered 1-2-1. I guess I was thinking of a recent TG flight to LAX, which was the new 777-300er 1-2-1 staggered seating and it looks a lot like EK's A380 seating.

Here is a good reference site:

http://www.theeksource.com/flyingemirates.html

What can I say except 'duh'? blink.png.pagespeed.ce.AQgCnSOpp_.png

Emirates 777 have 2-3-2 in biz.

I don't have a gold card or whatever but fly BKK-DXB with returns 3 or 4 times a year and often get upgraded to biz which is excellent.

In some 40+ years as a frequent flyer have never been upgraded by BA.

Qantas and Malaysian yes, often, maybe because they are over booked in economy.