Thai customs arrest Australian man for smuggling ketamine

webfact

Australian nabbed smuggling ketamine
By English News

13835597295421.jpg

SA KAEO, Nov 5 - Thai customs officers and police on Monday arrested an Australian man for smuggling nearly a hundred small bottles of liquid ketamine, also known as K, from Cambodia.

A drug checkpoint was set up at Aranyaprathet district of Sa Kaeo province to help stem the smuggling of illicit drugs into the country before the Loy Krathong celebrations starts next week.

Ninety-six 10 millilitre bottles of liquid ketamine were found in the baggage of 22-year-old Australian, Luke Craig McCann, as police carried out random checks on him and a group of foreign tourists as they entered Thailand from the Cambodian town of Poipet.

Police also discovered 23 used syringes in Mr McCann’s baggage.

The suspect said he is employed as a contractor in Australia and that he purchased the drug in Cambodia intending to sell and distribute the vials in Australia.

The syringes, however, were not drug-related but used for hormone injections to build his muscle more quickly as he is an dedicated bodybuilder.

Mr McCann was detained for further investigation at Klong Luek Police Station in Aranyaprathet. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-05

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.....dangerous stuff....no way it was going to Aussie land....he was going to use it on somebody......

I don't think he would need 96 bottles of it to use on someone. This is a pretty common recreational drug in Thailand, so I'm guessing it is other places as well.

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.....dangerous stuff....no way it was going to Aussie land....he was going to use it on somebody......

he was going to use nearly one thousand doses (96 bottles each 10ml) of a drug that causes hallucinations on "somebody"? huh.png

• Like 1

I am sure that had he been dressed a little more conservatively, he might have succeeded in passing through, unless he was fingered.

As it is, his appearance, replete with tattoos and tank top, probably set off a few alarm bells.

Have a g'day mate, your cage awaits you.

Trying to blend in with UK tourists is my take

True enough, had he been kitted out like Mick Dundee, then he'd be free and clear.

• Like 2

I am sure that had he been dressed a little more conservatively, he might have succeeded in passing through, unless he was fingered.

As it is, his appearance, replete with tattoos and tank top, probably set off a few alarm bells.

Have a g'day mate, your cage awaits you.

And also an avid bodybuilder.. Get bigger...

More room for other tattoos.

He wanted to get more conspicuous

It did work out that way... whistling.gif

• Like 2

"A drug checkpoint was set up at Aranyaprathet district of Sa Kaeo province to help stem the smuggling of illicit drugs into the country before the Loy Krathong celebrations starts next week."

What has Loy Krathong to do with drugs?!?

• Like 1

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

They do it alphabetically.

Be wary if you are Austrian, and to those Zimbabweans on remand, good luck.

• Like 1