The Coup (movie)

clokwise

my wife and a friend worked as extras yesterday and Owen was onset, but Pierce was not to be seen.

How much are they paying per day for extras ?They could not tell me ,but i guess its only pocket money ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife and a friend worked as extras yesterday and Owen was onset, but Pierce was not to be seen.

How much are they paying per day for extras ?They could not tell me ,but i guess its only pocket money ?

for thais, it was 600 baht ... she had to be there at 5am and got let go at 6pm.. heard that they pay more for falangs... but don't know...the day she went, it was only thais and burmese and hill tribes that they had brought in

... from the hills

for thais, it was 600 baht ... she had to be there at 5am and got let go at 6pm.. heard that they pay more for falangs... but don't know...the day she went, it was only thais and burmese and hill tribes that they had brought in

... from the hills

Heck all they had to do was round up all the Burmese flower sellers and their kids from Loi Khro and the night market.

Just wait, the way things are going here ,fiction may turn into reality ,

all to easily.

regards Worgeorgie

Could there be a coup sometime in the future? Yes, it's happened before and it could happen again. I hope not, but....

Will foreignors be executed? Extremely unlikely, or I wouldn't be here. One thing I find admirable about the Thai's is that none that I've met blame their problems on sinister foreign forces.

This could be a fun movie. I couldn't find a projected release date, but I'll watch for it.

September 19 2006. The BIB's in Chiang Mai ran away like scared rates they did not show their face for a few days, bars did not closed, Party on.. Heck I did not see any army for 6 days...

Well--don't bank on it happening like this next time--I think the brown stuff might hit the fan.

Just wait, the way things are going here ,fiction may turn into reality ,

all to easily.

regards Worgeorgie

Could there be a coup sometime in the future? Yes, it's happened before and it could happen again. I hope not, but....

Will foreignors be executed? Extremely unlikely, or I wouldn't be here. One thing I find admirable about the Thai's is that none that I've met blame their problems on sinister foreign forces.

This could be a fun movie. I couldn't find a projected release date, but I'll watch for it.

September 19 2006. The BIB's in Chiang Mai ran away like scared rates they did not show their face for a few days, bars did not closed, Party on.. Heck I did not see any army for 6 days...

Well--don't bank on it happening like this next time--I think the brown stuff might hit the fan.

It will be a repeat of 2006. Run rabbit run

Another Coup in Thailand - Hollywood in Chiang Mai Nov 7, 2013Others

CityNews - Chiang Mai has been chosen location to shoot for ‘The Coup’, a film with some big Hollywood stars .

1383824481.jpg
According to a statement issued by the Public Relations Department, shooting has already begun this week and will continue until December 20th.

‘The Coup’ revolves around an American family which migrates to an Asian Country and literally finds itself in a coup. Is is directed by John Erick Dowdle and features Owen Wilson, Pierce Brosnan and Michelle Monaghan. The film is going to be released in 2014.

Ms Ubonrat Kongkraphan, Chiang Mai Public Relations Officer has said that she is hoping Chiang Mai gets recognised for even more international films shoots in the future.

Film Shoots in Chiang Mai are benefitting Chiang Mai in many ways. Firstly at the time of shoot, there is employment generation by hiring local technicians and extras for the film. Secondly, the movies that feature Thailand are attracting tourists from different parts of the world and giving Chiang Mai a prominent place on the Tourist Map.

Another Coup in Thailand - Hollywood in Chiang Mai Nov 7, 2013 Others

CityNews - Chiang Mai has been chosen location to shoot for ‘The Coup’, a film with some big Hollywood stars .

1383824481.jpg
According to a statement issued by the Public Relations Department, shooting has already begun this week and will continue until December 20th.

‘The Coup’ revolves around an American family which migrates to an Asian Country and literally finds itself in a coup. Is is directed by John Erick Dowdle and features Owen Wilson, Pierce Brosnan and Michelle Monaghan. The film is going to be released in 2014.

Ms Ubonrat Kongkraphan, Chiang Mai Public Relations Officer has said that she is hoping Chiang Mai gets recognised for even more international films shoots in the future.

Film Shoots in Chiang Mai are benefitting Chiang Mai in many ways. Firstly at the time of shoot, there is employment generation by hiring local technicians and extras for the film. Secondly, the movies that feature Thailand are attracting tourists from different parts of the world and giving Chiang Mai a prominent place on the Tourist Map.

Yeah, 'the Coup' will paint an inviting picture to future visitors who expect friendly peaceful localsbeatdeadhorse.gif [ sorry, couldn't find an emocon with a smiley machine gunning a tourist]

Pierce is still in Malibu ,

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/salma-puckers-up-for-pierce-just-days-after-he-locked-lips-with-alba-29734288.html

>>The Irishman was photographed locking lips with Latino actress Salma Hayek on a Malibu beach yesterday, right, in a scene for his new movie 'How To Make Love Like An Englishman'.

Earlier this week, the 60-year-old was snapped in a passionate embrace with 32-year-old Jessica Alba in another scene from the movie.<<

GREAT WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT .i bet he gets more than B2000 a day .

Edited by anto

Has anyone read some of the script or can provide a synopsis of the plot??

Just curious.......

American family settled in an Asian Country ,then their lives are dirupted by a Coup .To spice up the dreary tale ,Pierce if he is lucky gets to bed a Mia Noi lol .Much shouting of angry looking Asia men and gun fire in between .

There i have saved you having to go see the movie lol .

According to IMDB:

"In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed."

Really should have filmed it in Pattaya for added realism.

Edited by Chicog

Has anyone read some of the script or can provide a synopsis of the plot??

Just curious.......

Action adventure involving a family and hero. I think the boilerplate goes:

Family away from home, supposed to be having fun but with underlying tensions.

Disaster strikes, in this case a coup.

Hero appears unexpectedly to save family from dire circumstances (cue Pierce Brosnan).

Hero reluctantly leads family on perilous journey to safety, tensions develop between father and hero, father surprises hero by proving his resourcefulness and courage during one of the many perils, hero and father, possibly with assistance from mother, work together to bring family almost to safety.

Disaster strikes again, probably with daughter kidnapped.

Hero and head of family have to work to together to pull off a brave and ridiculously improbable rescue.

After rescue is accomplished, one final danger suddenly appears which the mother unexpectedly dispatches.

Final dash to safety, hugs and tears of happiness, hero is now a lifelong friend of family.

Of course I'm just guessing.

• Like 1

Hero and head of family have to work to together to pull off a brave and ridiculously improbable rescue.

So the daughter is whisked away to dance in Spotlight, and the hero and head of the family have to raise the money for the barfine?

• Like 1

So the daughter is whisked away to dance in Spotlight, and the hero and head of the family have to raise the money for the barfine?

I like it! You should contact the producer, your idea would make for a much more entertaining movie. Just imagine the possibilities for the mother to make her own heroic contribution.

• Like 1

Yes, it might even be better than Brokedown Palace, or The Beach.

(For some reason all movies shot in Thailand have to be complete garbage.. Exceptions may include Kickboxer and The Man with the Golden Gun.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai