Seat belts to be installed in public transportation

webfact

Seat belts to be installed in public transportation

PNECO561106001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 6 November 2013 (NNT) - Transport Co. Ltd. has announced that all of its vehicles have been installed with seat belts to ensure the safety for its passengers. The company also plans to expand the idea into other public transport vehicles across the nation.

Statistics show that at least 40-50% of injuries in accidents occur from not wearing a seat belt. Transport Co. Ltd. has therefore taken the initiative to install seat belts in all of its 854 vehicles currently operating.

Moreover, the Ministry of Transport is in the process of drafting a ministerial regulation that enforces the use of seat belts on every public transport car. The law is expected to be put in place after the cabinet’s consideration, which should be by the end of this year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-06 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

I love the idea , now lets see them in the back of taxis (hidden under the seat does not count)

and now abut the BTS and MRT..........

r maybe just hand a helmet to everyone standing on the BTS and MRT..........

yeah that will do it ," Thailand , now a safer place" can be the new theme song

"...the Ministry of Transport is in the process of drafting a ministerial regulation that enforces the use of seat belts..."

Is this going to be like helmet use? When someone is there to check on use, the driver puts on the helmet. As soon as he is clear of the inspection, the helmet come off. So, as soon as the driver or attendant is finished checking for seat belt use, it becomes unbuckled.

Perhaps a better way to approach this is to deny any insurance payments to anyone injured while not wearing a seat belt. This will promote natural selection and elominate rewarding someone for being personally irresponsible. After all, some people are too stupid to live. You're out of the game...permanently. post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg

People can bash them all they want, but I will give them props for trying to make things safer

Seat belts never used to be mandatory when and where I grew up ... but slowly that all changed

This kind of massive change will take time .. but this is the starting point

• Like 2

"...the Ministry of Transport is in the process of drafting a ministerial regulation that enforces the use of seat belts..."

Is this going to be like helmet use? When someone is there to check on use, the driver puts on the helmet. As soon as he is clear of the inspection, the helmet come off. So, as soon as the driver or attendant is finished checking for seat belt use, it becomes unbuckled.

Perhaps a better way to approach this is to deny any insurance payments to anyone injured while not wearing a seat belt. This will promote natural selection and elominate rewarding someone for being personally irresponsible. After all, some people are too stupid to live. You're out of the game...permanently. post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg

Deny any insurance payments.. Had an accident a couple of weeks ago down near Chomburi, youg chap changed from the 3rd to 1st lane without checking, the weight of myself and my larger bike kept me going along on the straight and narrow when he hit me on the right side, but he went flying. No insurance or helmet, but he did have a license. What happened?Well we all met at the cop shop the next day, I was asked to pay 5000, plus a bit for you know who and off we all went, my attitude throughout was " when in Rome" no question of insurance companies becoming involved, I giess I've lived here too long...

People can bash them all they want, but I will give them props for trying to make things safer

Seat belts never used to be mandatory when and where I grew up ... but slowly that all changed

This kind of massive change will take time .. but this is the starting point

Is throwing a pig into the air and waiting for it, to grow wings, a starting point, too?

Statistics show that at least 40-50% of injuries in accidents occur from not wearing a seat belt.

Am I mistaken? cause what I see is the driver eating, drinking talking on cellphone, sleeping, drunk, while driving.

Well that's ok then, so long as he's wearing a seat belt (statistics prove that).

Personally, I'd be pretty happy if they started putting seat belts in minivans...

A lot of people wouldn't wear them, but it would be nice to have the option.

I am seeing seat-belts in the rear cabin of mini-vans and occasionally I see people buckle up. I think the winds of change are gently happening and we need to be patient and buckle up ourselves. Others do notice and some follow the lead.

"Ministry of Transport is in the process of drafting a ministerial regulation that enforces the use of seat belts on every public transport car."

I noticed a commercial on Channel7. Young, nice looking couple drinking some peptein refreshment while driving their nice, fast car with the 4 or 5 year old daughter sitting on the console in between. None wearing seat belts . Maybe that's not necessary with the type of car driven?