Scenic places for light trekking/hiking

st11x

G'day,

I have visitors wanting to do some light hiking/trekking not too far from Chiang Mai. Can you recommend me some places to visit? I am thinking:

1. Mae Sa Waterfall.
  2. Khun Tan National Park
  3. Ob Luang National Park (not sure if that can be classified as trekking or hiking)
  4. Mae Taeng Dam

Thanks

Matt

to make life easier why dont you join in one of our walks. several leaders and someone will be going somewhere most days; though my trips are more "extreme" as some of you know.

www.chiangmaihiking.wordpress.com

some great sunday hikes for all comers, scenic and not too difficult.

mid week, we climb to doi suthep and doi pui........on one leg now its getting so easy!

to make life easier why dont you join in one of our walks. several leaders and someone will be going somewhere most days; though my trips are more "extreme" as some of you know.

www.chiangmaihiking.wordpress.com

some great sunday hikes for all comers, scenic and not too difficult.

mid week, we climb to doi suthep and doi pui........on one leg now its getting so easy!

Wow, thanks for the reference. That would certainly make it easier. Let me ask my visitors and show them the website and see what they think. I know that would be too "hardcore" for my sister, but the others may want to join.

thanks

Matt

The Sunday hikes referred to by Eyecatcher are good. Pretty diverse group - age, nationalities etc.

I tend to only do the easy ones and they will still get you puffing.

The details for this Sundays walk and meeting point is normally posted the previous Thursday - so today if it not already there.

Eyecatcher - am planning on Doi Suthep next Wednesday. Will start earlier than you, reckon you will pass me half way up the 'steep bit' If I am lying down and breathing heavily I am not knackered - just enjoying the scenery!