Removing PayPal withdrawal limit

brit1984

I opened a PayPal account last week - took a few days to do the card verification then last 2 days was working ok (I thought)...

Now they have put a limit on my account stopping me from withdrawing funds and have even cancelled withdrawals I had already requested prior to the block!

Funds continue to build up in the account (as they are still accepting payments in) but I can't access the funds until I remove the withdrawal limits.

I have submitted some documents via the resolution center (and agreed to re-verify my card even though I did that once already).

How long will this process take? Any ideas how to speed up the process?...

Are you adding funds through eBay sales?

For some people, supposedly those who are new to eBay, they put an automatic 3 week or so hold on your money in case people buying from you have complaints ... or that's what they say anyway. Actually they just want to hold onto your money as long as possible. It's a free loan to them and they collect fees as well. I've been able to withdraw money immediately after it's paid into my account, but there have been times when it was put on hold for no apparent reason. I've complained about without getting a response, although right now I don't have any delays.

If that's not the case, then they may have decided there was something wrong with your account and you may end up having to call them in California, at your expense, to sort it out with one of their online people who love to put you on hold. Otherwise your case may sit there for ages. I had to do that several years ago. The guy on the phone accepted they had made a mistake and I ended up with a phone bill of around $100.

If the problem is eBay related, you can email people in Singapore and ask for help. Log onto eBay Singapore and you should be able to find a help link to send them a message.

Good luck. Both eBay and PayPal can be a real pain in the butt to deal with.

^ thanks - we are not using ebay - we called the singapore team already and were transferred through the "withdrawal limit team for Thailand"...

they implied something similar about wanting to check our business is legit, although their concerns kept changing as the phone call went on and we made it clear each concern was completely irrelevant

we told them (and they agreed) to send an email to all the customers we billed already to confirm everything ok, but (having checked with some of the customers) i know they did not actually do this!...

unfortunately none of the alternatives that are available to us have the brand / credibility to put in front of customers so i think i will just have to ride the storm

ideally i would prefer just to manually process "cardholder not present" transactions via our POS machine (as we used to do in London) but seems difficult to get this option in Thailand