Saving YouTubes

HeijoshinCool

From time to rare time, I'd like to save/download a YouTube video. On the PC, I had free software that worked fine.

I've Googled until I'm boggled, and can't make a single method people guarantee will work, work.

Anybody?

We're talking about songs for kids learning English.

(MAcBook Air OS X Lion 10.7.5)

Thanks.

I have no experience with Mac SW.

But, what will work, shown in an example.

Assume you want to download this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_0K4cieh9Y

(www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_0K4cieh9Y)

Then copy the adress and modify it to look like this:

http://ssyoutube.com/watch?v=f_0K4cieh9Y

(ssyoutube.com/watch?v=f_0K4cieh9Y)

("www.youtube" becomes "ssyoutube)

On the website you will then see donwload links for the different qualities.

On my FF browser I rightclick on one of the links and do a "Save as...".

Downloads are not lightning fast but OK for occasional use.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

You can also use QuickTime Player which is already on your Mac, so no need for any other app whatsoever .

In QuickTime Player, under the File menu there is an option "make new screen recording". Opening this will give you a 'start recording' control panel. Play the YouTube video and click the record button. It will record the entire screen and store it as a movie in your movies folder. The 'stop recording' button is in the menu bar at top of screen as you record, just click it when you want to stop.

EDIT: I have Mac OS X 10.6.8, so it's not Lion, but I assume they won't have removed this feature from later versions.

Edited by partington

Just google youtube dowloader.You can also get a youtube to mp3 converter.I have both as i like to download video's that i can play on my tv via my hard drive/ media player and also convert the video's to mp3 so i can listen to them on my ipod shuffle.Hope this helps.

Just google youtube dowloader.You can also get a youtube to mp3 converter.I have both as i like to download video's that i can play on my tv via my hard drive/ media player and also convert the video's to mp3 so i can listen to them on my ipod shuffle.Hope this helps.

Give AppGeeker video converter a try, it has downloading and conversion function built in the program.

I mostly use it to download videos off YouTube and save onto HDD. From its description, the program supports 100+ video-hosting sites.

http://www.appgeeker.com/how-to/convert-flv-to-mov-mac.html

PS: I am using Macbook Pro/ core i5/ 2,5 MHz/ 8 Gb RAM/ SSD da 256 GB / 10.8 Mountain Lion

• Like 2