Thai PM on defensive as disgruntled protesters march on

webfact

"Protests affect the economy and hurt foreign investor confidence, and tourists will not dare to come," she added.

Expect a press release from TAT soon, tourism expected to rise by 20%.

Or Chalerm will soon be head of Thailands new roadshow.laugh.png

If Thaksin isn't back by years end Chalerm's head will be on the Thailand roadshow as an exhibit.

• Like 2

Suthep: "If the people misunderstood (and believed) that the government has retreated, there would have been only small no. of protesters now."
Suthep: "On the other hand, people came to join the rally earlier than previous days. It showed people are smarter than PM Yingluck."

Suthep asked protesters to be calm and wait for Monday November 11.

Suthep: "At 6pm of Monday Nov 11, we will set up the People's Court on Rajdamnoen Rd.".

Suthep: "My group will listen to and follow the voice of the people. Please think, analyse and decide, three days to go."

Suthep: "In the meantime, the protesters will observe the deeds of Yingluck's government and record them in their own journals."

Suthep: "I haven't seen such a beautiful picture like this for 30-40 years now. Now I am hopeful to see a massive number of patriots."

Far from being over, it seems that the protest organizers aim to step things up and remove the Shinawatras from the political scene completely.

He's still only talking about protesting against the amnesty bill.

Suthep: "If the people misunderstood (and believed) that the government has retreated, there would have been only small no. of protesters now."
Suthep: "On the other hand, people came to join the rally earlier than previous days. It showed people are smarter than PM Yingluck."

Suthep: "At 6pm of Monday Nov 11, we will set up the People's Court on Rajdamnoen Rd.".

Suthep: "My group will listen to and follow the voice of the people. Please think, analyse and decide, three days to go."

Suthep: "In the meantime, the protesters will observe the deeds of Yingluck's government and record them in their own journals."

Suthep: "I haven't seen such a beautiful picture like this for 30-40 years now. Now I am hopeful to see a massive number of patriots."

Far from being over, it seems that the protest organizers aim to step things up and remove the Shinawatras from the political scene completely.

Possibly, but I've followed the coverage on Blue Sky Channel this evening and it looks to me more like a swing towards more than protesting the amnesty.

We shall see.

Possibly, but I've followed the coverage on Blue Sky Channel this evening and it looks to me more like a swing towards more than protesting the amnesty.

We shall see.

More like,: Vote for me (Suthep) as the next PM; please.

Oh dear Madam Prime Minister the public have turned and at last they are showing that the politicians are the public's servants as opposed to the public being the politicians servants.

Now Madam Prime Minister will you turn and refuse to be your brothers servant and start to be the servant of the Thai people?

I was going to state the EXACT same thing but not Madam Prime Minister... If she actually cared she would indict her brother grab his passport and rule for the Thai Nation but alas.

350billion Water money GONE

462billion in OOPS money for the rice scheme trying to be covered as Moodys is asking WhERE IS IT?

and god know how many more billions gone to pockets of family and friends from the Thai Government accounts.

This is SCANDALLOUS! And tis could have GENUINELY helped the people instead of GET THE CASH FROM THE FARRANG me have Farrang Boyfriend you pay!!!!

"All sides have made clear their intention to halt the amnesty process", she said.

If she intends to halt the amnesty process, why hasn't she ordered the party to withdraw the bill?

The bill currently before the senate cannot be withdrawn. The senate is obligated to deal with it.

• Like 1

I think it is the students turning out in large numbers that has PTP/Yingluck/Thaksin running scared.

The students they can handle, it is the widespread dissent from the domestic and international business sector that's a worry, they could hardly send in the BIB to blow their legs off.

"All sides have made clear their intention to halt the amnesty process", she said.

If she intends to halt the amnesty process, why hasn't she ordered the party to withdraw the bill?

She cant order her party to withdraw the bill as they didn't introduce it, it was introduced by the coalition partners, PTP just voted in favour of it. Now its in the senate it has to follow procedure, that is the senate has to amend, reject or approve the bill. My guess is it will be rejected and sent back to the house of representatives for adjusting.

She cant order her party to withdraw the bill as they didn't introduce it, it was introduced by the coalition partners, PTP just voted in favour of it. Now its in the senate it has to follow procedure, that is the senate has to amend, reject or approve the bill. My guess is it will be rejected and sent back to the house of representatives for adjusting.

The appearance is that the Pheu Thai lawmakers are a bunch of rabble not controllable by anyone other than Thaksin Shinawatra.

That is why business leaders are rebelling because it presents an image of governmental incompetence for Thailand.

Uncle Takki made this bed for himself with years of inflammatory shit stirring.

Makes me think of his doctored tape that made it sound like Abhisit ordered the army to "kill me some reds". The propaganda worked in that it made a segment of the population despise Abhisit/Suthep but look how it backfired. It made them hate A and S so much that they threw out Thaksin's amnesty bill as they couldn't bear A and S being included in Amnesty. Talk about shooting himself in the foot!

• Like 2

Ah, Suthep, always one for a soundbite. How about this one from a lecture of his entitled "Democrat Ideology" at a seminar on ASTV aptly named “The new generation, the Thai future”

We had no intentions to kill our people, we have never ordered the police and the army to use force during the dispersal of the [red shirt] protest but those [who got] killed ran into [the bullets] http://asiancorrespondent.com/49822/thai-deputy-pm-protesters-died-because-they-ran-into-bullets/

Yes, the Thai future is safe in the hands of Suthep and people like him - good luck to you followers.......................

Edited by fab4

In the mean time the PM is on the defensive

Ah, Suthep, always one for a soundbite. How about this one from a lecture of his entitled "Democrat Ideology" at a seminar on ASTV aptly named “The new generation, the Thai future”

We had no intentions to kill our people, we have never ordered the police and the army to use force during the dispersal of the [red shirt] protest but those [who got] killed ran into [the bullets] http://asiancorrespondent.com/49822/thai-deputy-pm-protesters-died-because-they-ran-into-bullets/

Yes, the Thai future is safe in the hands of Suthep and people like him - good luck to you followers.......................

So this is bad Yingluck, but what happened in 2010 was ok ? But then the disgraceful antics of 20110 was orchestrated and bankrolled by your evil and spiteful bro, and what is happening now is not funded by anyone, it is simply the voices of an angry population.

The one and only Yingluck fan to contribute to this topic, and it is a troll. Says a lot about the puppet PM and her party !

I refuse to entertain trolls by replying to their inane and monotonous "copy and paste" comments. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS ! (especially Calgarry #2) biggrin.png

• Like 2