Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4d (diesel)

Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D the smallest diesel in Thailand, which drives 26 kilometers on 1 liter of Diesel, that is something I can live with….

But can anybody tell me when this car comes to my Toyota dealer, because he is looking like he sees ghosts if I ask him

http://farang.pai-nai.com/article.php/Toyo...ris14D-4DDiesel

There was a talk about diesel engine for Yaris before the launch. Strangely the first report is from Farang pai nai.com, and it mentions Bangkok-Trat trip.

I think Yaris sales do not justify assembling the whole new engine, it just shares the same old 1.5l with Vios and everyone's happy.

Also Diesel Yaris doesn't have a proper gearbox. No one drives manual here.

It all goes down to taxes - importing engines will drive the price through the roof. Since Yaris is supplied to all of South East Asia, the whole region is screwed, it appears. That's what happens when you have morons running the country - they can't even import used NGV engines to put in their buses with the taxes they have.

• 1 month later...

Isuzu have been making small diesel engines for years. Evidence of this was in the Holden Gemini (1980's, Australia). It was claimed that the vehicle could travel 55 kilometres on 1 litre of diesel (a true claim). Unfortunately, it wasn't like the modern diesel engines, which are better 'balanced' to reduce excess vibration & for this reason, the car was not all that popular...it used to shake the shit out of all who travelled in it as well as shake the shit out of itself.