Phuket tuk-tuk driver foils snatch-in-action

Lite Beer

Phuket tuk-tuk driver foils snatch-in-action
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_2013117164417234_yxQNnNCcmxGD

Mr Nithikorn (seated) as he is identified by his victim, Ms Nongsarang, and tuk-tuk driver Mr Yongyuth, who apprehended him. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: A Kalim tuk-tuk driver rushed to the aid of a woman who called for help yesterday and managed to apprehend the man who had just snatched her bag.

Yongyuth Dhamkong, 42, was driving along the Kalim beachfront road at about 2am when he heard Nongsarang Sakyen, 33, calling for help.

“When I drove past the victim, I heard her shout for help,” he said. “I saw her pointing to a man riding a motorcycle about 100 meters ahead of me.”

Mr Yongyuth raced ahead.

“I caught up with him and cut in front of his bike with my tuk-tuk. With the help of some other people, I managed to capture him,” he said.

Ms Nongsarang works in Patong and had gone to Kalim to relax with some friends after work.

“While I was riding my motorbike along Kalim beach road, the snatcher rode his motorbike beside me. He snatched my bag and rode away,” Ms Nongsarang told police.

Inside the bag were a Samsung cellphone and 5,100 baht cash, she said.

Mr Nithikorn was charged with bag snatching by using a motorbike, said Patong police officer Pongpichan Chayanonpirai.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-tuk-tuk-driver-foils-snatch-in-action-22732.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-11-07

• Like 1

I had a gold bracelet stolen by a Thai guy on a moped while I was riding my motorcycle, he rode alongside me and pulled it off my wrist and sped off,

I gave chase but the little f***er was riding in and out of traffic so dangerously I gave up, the thing that annoys me the most is where were the Tuk Tuk guys when I needed them!!

Well done young man, just goes to show that they are not all crooks.

Wonder if that Tuktuk driver would have been so zealous had it been a "farang" woman's bag that was snatched? But, the main point is, will the case ever get to court, or will the police turn the thief loose, after 3-days in jail, as usual whistling.gif

Well done young man, just goes to show that they are not all crooks.

A person who is a chronic freeloader, will also resort to thievery. Certainly, there are exceptions to every norm, but the vast majority of Thai menfolk, that I have had the displeasure to meet, are the biggest bunch of freeloaders, ever.