Emirates looking to put 11 across in the A380

yermanee

First to put 9 across on the B777 Emirates is now considering putting 11 across on their A380's.

In view of the fact that for the last decades passengers are on average bigger and heavier than ever before Emirates don't seem to care much.

Full article here : http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/emirates-eyes-11-across-seating-on-a380

One more reason to keep them on my blacklist.

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee
  • Like 1

Why am I not surprised, see all my other rants about this airline, if they can shoe horn 7 across in Business on a 777 why not 11 on a A380 (sure there isn't enough room for 12?)

Can't say I am looking forward to my Emirates flight home next week.

• Like 1

I'm no great fan of Emirates (usually ex Dubai) but was amazed by just how superior they are to both Thai and QANTAS when flying to Sydney yesterday. Far superior IMHO...seating, service, food, entertainment options and ease of use. In fact, infinitely superior . Yes, 9 across in J but cabin half empty....probably helped., And QF and TG want same $$$$ for less.

Sorry, I meant 7. 2-3-2 on 777ER. Very comfortable. I was really surprised. My previous experiences with EK have not been great. Also, the Emirates lounge in BKK is so superior to the tired our crap in the TG lounge ( and also better than QF)

9 across in J are you sure you don't mean Y? What Aircraft?

Emirates used to be considered one of the best. Last time I flew with them was about 13 -14 years ago (economy), and it was really very good. Comfortable, seat-back screens (rare in econ in those times), edible food, good and friendly service, free unlimited drinks etc. I was quite impressed. Various logistical circumstances decreed that I haven't flown with them since (although I probably would have done, given the choice), but I'm surprised they have compromised on standards so much in the interim. They're sounding more like a budget carrier now.

I fly GIG-DXB-BXX-DXB-GIG montly and don't have any complaints either in business or economy. Though I would make sure I was setting in an exit row aisle seat on the A380 or upstairs.

Kurt

I just have to believe you are not an experienced Business pax then.

I'm very tempted by the fares. 60,000 in J to Europe. Cheaper than Airlanka

Only Oman Air for me.

Most legspace and 45 Kg allowance in silver tier, superb lounges in BKK and Muscat, the lounge in Zurich being catastrophic.