PM: Govt fighting at full capacity in Preah Vihear case for Thai benefit

Lite Beer

PM: Govt fighting at full capacity in Preah Vihear case for Thai benefit
By English News

13840618266841-640x390x2.png

BANGKOK, Nov 10 - Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today expressed hope that Thailand and Cambodia will maintain its relations and sustain peace along the border ahead of the ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Preah Vihear dispute.

The prime minister posted on her Facebook account "Yingluck Shinawatra" on Sunday, one day before the World Court verdict delivery on interpretation of the Preah Vihear case. She said her government has fought its legal case at the ICJ with its full capacity for the benefit of the country.

No matter what the outcome, Thailand and Cambodia will have to negotiate for the conclusion to end conflict and that must be accepted by both countries, stated the Thai premier.

She also called on the Thai people to trust in their government, saying the government will follow the Thai Constitution and that it will listen to public opinions before taking any action.

"Thailand and Cambodia are neighbours and we cannot move away from each other," said Ms Yingluck, "So we have to maintain good relations and promote border security, as well as regional prosperity."

Ms Yingluck said Thailand and Cambodia have to cooperate in maintaining peace along the borders and discuss on the content of the ICJ verdict as earlier pledged by foreign ministers of the two neighbours.

The Thai premier noted that both foreign ministers have agreed that time is needed to solve the conflict and both countries will first respect each other's domestic procedures before proceeding further. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-10

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Madam Prime Minister why is there an increase in the number of military personnel in the area?

Hun Sen and your brother concerned about their interests being affected are they?

Perhaps the headline should read thus.

P.M; Government fighting at full capacity in Preah Vihear Case for the Tha(ks)i(n) benefit and Huns Sens benefit too.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Monday, tomorrow, may be the day we see a complete meltdown of the PM. The ICJ ruling to be make public, the Senate debates the 'Thaksin get out of jail bill', those pesky protestors running around who are displaying a independent mind set and then the thugs who would set the dogs loose just for personal entertainment.

This just might be the limit to what the old gal can consume and digest in a single day, much less make a educated response to.

• Like 2

She also called on the Thai people to trust in their government, saying the government will follow the Thai Constitution and that it will listen to public opinions before taking any action.

You would have to laugh if it weren't so sad!

I really do wonder what she means by following the constitution! Which constitution would that be, the one that was in place before they tried to change it or one of the six that have been put forward or dare I say even the 2 that Chalerm say's he will put forward if he can stand on his own two feet long enough?

Seriously, this PTP crowd are an insult to the Thai Nation and its people.

Edited by ggold
  • Like 2

She also called on the Thai people to trust in their government, saying the government will follow the Thai Constitution and that it will listen to public opinions before taking any action

That statement is an about face from their previous actions!!!

Come on people, like KY ...

I mean, if you can't trust a Thai politician then who can you trust?

KY??...transparent, jelly like in substance, slippery, hard to get a grip on, never there when you need it, doesn't solve the rubber problem, doesn't solve the rice problem either. Maybe contributes to a flood problem. Can dissolve in tears.

• Like 2

A little more research by those that think this is only about a tiny amount of land need to do some research.

It's a tiny amount of "worthless land". Feel better now?

That's what the British were saying about the Falklands!!!!!

I believe Yingluck is to the same calibre as Maggy.giggle.gif

There were reports on the BBC of Thai military aircraft flying over the vicinity of Preah Vihere just a couple of days ago which put Cambodia on alert. I have seen no mention of this in the English language press here.Trust the Government to start making waves before this critical judgement. But in fairness, the Government have no control over the military.

There were reports on the BBC of Thai military aircraft flying over the vicinity of Preah Vihere just a couple of days ago which put Cambodia on alert. I have seen no mention of this in the English language press here.Trust the Government to start making waves before this critical judgement. But in fairness, the Government have no control over the military.

The PM/DM might want to take issue with you over that or are you saying she's a toothless leader?

Edited by bigbamboo

The PM/DM might want to take issue with you over that or are you saying she's a toothless leader?

The affirmative! She has gallivanted around the world, avoiding key issues, which she as leader should have been here to address.

• Like 1

Monday, tomorrow, may be the day we see a complete meltdown of the PM. The ICJ ruling to be make public, the Senate debates the 'Thaksin get out of jail bill',  those pesky protestors running around who are displaying a independent mind set and then the thugs who would set the dogs loose just for personal entertainment.

This just might be the limit to what the old gal can consume and digest in a single day, much less make a educated response to.

OMG!. Shopping will save the day!

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

Ahhh... She appears to have a head full of chompers, but does she bite?

A little more research by those that think this is only about a tiny amount of land need to do some research.

It's a tiny amount of "worthless land". Feel better now?

and again if you think this is only about a tiny amount of land (no matter how you personally value it) you need to do some research.

• Like 1

Ahhh... She appears to have a head full of chompers, but does she bite?

Only her husband would know.