Sondhi and Chamlong stage a come-back

webfact

Sondhi and Chamlong stage a come-back

206314-imagepng-311802-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Leaders of the People Alliance for Democracy (PAD) now announced to join the anti-government protest to the end to bring reform to the country.

In a joint press conference at 11.00 a.m. today, Sondhi Limthongkul and Maj-Gen Chamlong Srimuang read their joint statement supporting the current protests by various groups, though they were not enough to bring reform to the country but they were justified since the Yingluck government during the past 10 months did not heed their call no matter they be the amnesty bill, the protection of Thai territory and upholding of sovereignty over the temple dispute.

They again emphasized that the government must reject the ruling of the International Court of Justice to be reached today, and that Thailand withdraw its membership from UNESCO over the world’s heritage site.

They said that if all these demands were not met, they were ready to join as now they said the time was ripe for the return of the PAD to press for reform in the country.

Sondhi also said everybody always keep asking why they did not show up to protest for a long time, adding that they did not stay put but just wanted to see other patriotic and right groups to play their roles.

He said that now it was timely for PAD leaders to stage a comeback and this time would fight for the reform of the country.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sondhi-chamlong-stage-come-back/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-11

These two dinosaurs should go home and enjoy the rest of their lives. They made a big enough mess in 2008.

Are they for real? Rejecting the ICJ's ruling before it has been read? He know something other don't. What if the ICJ rules in favour of Thailand? Unlikely, but they will look like right asses then.

Bunch of demented geriatrics.

but not a big enough mess.

Chamlong, like him or hate him, he is not demented, he is an exceptional mind, who can truly do 2 things at the same time.

Like listen to a discussion and read a book and than know both of it in detail.

Famous is his folding banana leaves with the women, faster than they can do, while reading a book.....

That doesn't make his political views better or worse, but his brain is OK.

• Like 2

These two dinosaurs should go home and enjoy the rest of their lives. They made a big enough mess in 2008.

Are they for real? Rejecting the ICJ's ruling before it has been read? He know something other don't. What if the ICJ rules in favour of Thailand? Unlikely, but they will look like right asses then.

but not a big enough mess.

Chamlong, like him or hate him, he is not demented, he is an exceptional mind, who can truly do 2 things at the same time.

Like listen to a discussion and read a book and than know both of it in detail.

Famous is his folding banana leaves with the women, faster than they can do, while reading a book.....

That doesn't make his political views better or worse, but his brain is OK.

God help us.....

• Like 2

Chamlong returns to lead fight
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Chamlong Srimuang, a former leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, on Monday announced that he will play a leading role in the planned rally with the People's Army to protest against the International Court of Justice's ruling on Preah Vihear Monday evening.

He said Sondhi Limthongkul, another former PAD leader, will not join the rally, citing tactical strategy as the reason. Sondhi, however, will have his Manager Group fully supporting the rally.

Chamlong also called for a national reform to end political problems.

"We hope for a national reform that will cover all aspects. It should end all problems and lead to a sustainable solution," Chamlong told the press conference.

Chamlong said the People's Army under his leadership would also campaign against the amendments of Article 190 of the Constitution.

Chamlong said the amendment would allow the government to sign contracts with foreign countries without seeking approval from parliament first.

He said that although the PAD leaders had earlier pulled out, he decided to lead the protest because he is a former military officer.

"I've asked Sondhi not to join the fight now but instead to wait and become my substitute," Chamlong said.

"If anything happens to me, Sondi will become the last arrow against the government."

Sondhi told the press conference that House dissolution would not be a sustainable solution for the country. He said the country should not be run by politicians for a few years.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-11

Old dinosaurs never die, they just come up for air now and then and when their lungs are full they use it to talk crap.

• Like 1

'.... he (Chamlong) decided to lead the protest because he is a former military officer ....... "If anything happens to me ....'

Well, if anyone knows what could happen, he does. Last time he was at Phan Fa Bridge, his followers were dying around him, he left in handcuffs and he ended up answering to His Majesty.

Shouldn't he be in Jail! 5 / 6 times bailed, a 20 year Corruption Sentence and still nowhere near the inside of the monkey house. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-048.gif

Isn't he on bail about staying away from protests?

Must be confident he's going to win if that's the case.

He knows he's an untouchable.

Ah, the geriatric fascists have emerged!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And what is fascist on them?

Or maybe you don't know what a fascist is, but use it because it sounds evil?

• Like 1

'.... he (Chamlong) decided to lead the protest because he is a former military officer ....... "If anything happens to me ....'

Well, if anyone knows what could happen, he does. Last time he was at Phan Fa Bridge, his followers were dying around him, he left in handcuffs and he ended up answering to His Majesty.

Yeah, and he has stayed just as stubborn. Didn't heed His Majesty, did he?

Decided he should lead the prtests, because he is a former military officer? Is this going to turn into an armed conflict.

Buddha help us, if it does.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid
  • Like 1

You called?

He could be called fascist, because he is against elected senators and MPs. They should be appointed by a committee of good men.

The joke then was they were the People's Alliance Against Democracy.

• Like 2

They don't believe in electing a government.

They stand for government by an appointed body, drawn from various interest groups,

They would wish to disenfranchise a significant proportion of the population.

They constantly urge the military to overthrow an elected government.

I would say that this makes them a pretty good fit for fascists.

• Like 1

You called?

He could be called fascist, because he is against elected senators and MPs. They should be appointed by a committee of good men.

The joke then was they were the People's Alliance Against Democracy.

first that is not true and discussed to dead already (and I don't want to restart it) and second even if it would be true that does not make you an fascist, such things exist in other forms of governments as well.

• Like 1

They don't believe in electing a government.

They stand for government by an appointed body, drawn from various interest groups,

They would wish to disenfranchise a significant proportion of the population.

They constantly urge the military to overthrow an elected government.

I would say that this makes them a pretty good fit for fascists.

this idea, and it was just a brainstorming idea, never a policy was based on the idea that various interest groups elects their representant.

Instead of every state elects their MPs. Every profession elects their representant. Which is not more and not less democratic. But also it doesn't has any advantages.

And when you look on the streets many people don't believe in the this "elected" government.....so they are all fascists???

For me a criminal who buys his way into power and destroy the separation of power and checks and balances(which is absolute necessary for democracy) and concentrate all power in himself is a fascist. Not the people who are fighting him.

But I wouldn't use such a historical word, because the similarities to the situation in Germany and Italy are very remote.

No trace of Hitler or Mussolini here.

• Like 1

Abhisit and Suthep must love it. Its first the yellow shirts and then comes the democrat party.

Hmhh - Sonthi he lost it all in the financial crisis in 97 and still looks for a way to get it back.

Chamlong, also I admired him against Gen Suchinda is really ready for a nursing home.

Don't worry PTP will lead all the way to the next election. Sondhi and Chamlong are really irrelevant. Manager Group better called it what's left of it. His TV channel is crap. Asean News Network is rubbish and both he and Chamlong were supporters before of Thaksin. Sour grape really. The democrats might be the real winner is things escalate more, but as they are no longer in government they don't have the protection needed and this time they will be in the firing line.

The real reason why they don;t want Thaksin back is only for the fact they can pack their bags and go back to the South such as Surat Thani. You can't really beat the North and Northeast in terms of votes and Central Thailand is divided.

After 24 years in Thailand, nothing really changed. This is Thai politics at it's finest.

Going against the IJC ruling is childish and pointless and will only cause conflict. There is simply nothing to be gained by continuing to insist that these heritage protected HINDU ruins are a Thai national treasure. They are most definitely not.

Should the government or opposition seek to reject the IJC ruling they will become the laughing stock of fellow member nations.

This country does not have the resource nor strength in depth in any area to survive in isolation. Been tried and it did not work.

Going against the IJC ruling is childish and pointless and will only cause conflict. There is simply nothing to be gained by continuing to insist that these heritage protected HINDU ruins are a Thai national treasure. They are most definitely not.

Should the government or opposition seek to reject the IJC ruling they will become the laughing stock of fellow member nations.

This country does not have the resource nor strength in depth in any area to survive in isolation. Been tried and it did not work.

Thailand does not dispute the ownership of the temple. They dispute the surrounding area borders.