letter of confirmation

Hi to all,

Can any one help?

my wife is a thai national and is in Thailand and I am in the UK, she has sold our house and is purchasing a new property, she has been told by the land registry office that I have to provide a letter stamped by the embassy in London saying that the money and property is her personnel property and not our marital home, I have a copy of the form,

can it be completed in English?

do I need any other documents?

can the thai embassy London certify this?

we are based in chiang mia and my wife has ILR in the UK

Ps this is not my first visit to the forum I used to be member but cant remember my old user details

This all sounds rather strange.

The new house must ,of course ,belong to your Thai wife-or at least that land on which it sits.

The British Embassy can have no clue as to house ownership/financing by a Thai in Thailand.

You say you have a'form'

Perhaps you can have it scanned and post

thank you,

would you happen to no if the Thai embassy in London operates a appointment system, and any charges that apply?

I have found the form on there website, but most of website is in Thai and my reading skills are not that good.

I nearly went through this procedure a couple of years ago. What they (the Thai Embassy in London) told me then was; I have to have my passport verified by the FCO which involved getting it legalised by a solicitor, sent to the FCO in Milton Keynes (of all places!) and then they would stamp the confirmation letter as being genuine. Similar to the procedure in Bangkok for legalilsing documents from the British Embassy, but without the convenience of being able to nip up to the Thai MFA and get it all done in a day.

You should maybe call them before going down there, last time I went, there was no appointment system, just the 'take a ticket ans sit down' thing.

I ended up not doing it by the way, as time wasn't something we had much of.

hi just back from thai embassy London, bifftastic got it right

was told that I would have documents (passport confirmation letter and weeding certificate) singed by lawyer then legalised by fco in Milton Keynes,

£30.00 per document,7 to 10 days turn around. then return to the thai embassy £10.00 per document, 2 to 3 days turn around.

all this to say I don't own the money or land,

when she sold the old house they only wanted a copy of my passport, 555