Central Festival -- opening this Thursday now

infernalman7

Its a shopping centre.

Where I come from, men grumble a lot about having to go shopping with the better half, then spend all Saturday afternoon watching the football scores roll in on the teles in the window of Dixons.

You lot have turned it into a life experience.

Malls in the UK with Dixons never had hundreds of young girls in short shorts wandering around.

Not only can you watch them, but you can smile at them ...... and they smile back and sometimes offer phone numbers.

Really not the same experience at all.

(Not forgetting the free air-con)

There are no malls in the UK, we call them shopping centres.

Why would you go to a shopping centre to perve at young girls? I hope you aren't actually 52. Go perve on Loi Kroh where they want it.

Edited by naboo
  • Like 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you go to a shopping centre to perve at young girls? I hope you aren't actually 52. Go perve on Loi Kroh where they want it.

Wayyyyyyyy older than 52 ...... was purving at a cute little 35 year old girl out shopping with her mum, she smiled back then started waving. Her mum wasn't impressed!

(I'm far too hansum for Loi Krow, not to mention no bar fines in shopping malls and the lady drinks are cheaper)

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Interesting development:

- Maya decided to postpone the opening to January.

- Central Department at Kad Suan Keaw will renew the contract as they expect the owner of KSK to renovate the mall.

Well, it's been obvious for a while now that Maya's not going to make their deadline to open in the 3rd quarter of 2013.

Better to have everything set up proper when you open instead of half-assed like Promenada.

With the location, they'll have no shortage of visitors.

I for one am looking forward to having a nice cinema in walking distance from my apartment.

Was in there today just looking around. It looks like there are different shops and the grocery store was nice plenty of lights and signs at the ends of the aisle telling what was in that aisle. I was impressed with it but did not do any comparison shopping there. A big building with way to much noise. Maybe when it has been open for a while it will not be so noisy.

The food court looked good but definatly not enough seating. I saw more seating in the Pantip parking lot for about 5 food carts. Got some to take home.

Didn't eat there but I noticed a sign on the window of Santa Fe that advertised Australian beef steak. They sure had some opening up sales. An Apple store to come in there. I noticed the It store was not that large. They seem to have cut back on the size of their stores at Airport and Pantip. Going to have to go alone the wife can't understand looking at the different shops to see what they have. A real nuances. The theater looked really good and the parking was easy. Because of the way it is laid out it looked like a lot of people were there.

Went to the AIS that is replacing Thai Pa road one. Fewer counters and less room to wait. The counters were laid out in a very strange way you had to look around a bit at first. I was number B61 they were on B50 when I got there and I bet at least 3 of the ones ahead of me gave up and left.

All in all a decent Mall.

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first trip there yesterday and all I left with was a headache ,

parking was hectic,far too much noise,typical Thai shopping venue,

any normal person working in there would have a mental breakdown

after a couple of months,but Thai people seem to take it in their stride.

The only places I seen doing any business were the restaurants,plenty

people walking about,but not with any shopping,not good for the future

prospects of the mall.

I will not be going back until it calms down a bit,maybe when Maya mall

opens and everyone migrates there.

regards Worgeordie

I was there (again) Wednesday.

No Problem parking the car, not very noisy inside (I dont like noise and would have noticed).

Went to the Imax-one girl selling tickets (3 bays closed-I thought I was in a bank) then when finally our turn she said she couldnt sell Imax today as her machine didnt work. Ho Hum. So off to the ticket machines where a helpful girl overcame the non-functional first machine and took us to another to eventually get a ticket.

But on the bright side. we missed all the ads!

But why do they keep the Mall, the restaurants and the Movie theatre in particular so cold??? 5c warmer would be far more comfortable and cheaper for them to run.

Food market is good-well stocked and attractively laid out

I like going there.

• Like 1

I'm not usually a fan of shopping malls, but they did this one right!

The food court on the ground floor was clean and offering good standard fare. The supermarket was well stocked with Thai and plenty of imported foods and food-related merchandise. Certainly plenty of clothing stores for them what wants 'em! Myself, I was more interested in the excellent music store on the third floor. Very pleased to see so many top brands of guitars being sold at excellent prices! Lots of electronics and appliances, lots of phones and accessories. More than enough places to sit and people-watch while drinking a cup of tea. There were enough family restaurants offering a great variety of cuisine, although Japanese food seemed to be the overwhelming favorite. The 4th Floor Food Court had some very nice options, but we opted for Thai buffet. Cheap and tasty, with a Swenson's double chocolate dessert! Parking was no problem, finding our way around no problem (I still get lost in Airport Plaza...) and finding what we were looking for no problem either. I think the only thing that would make the experience better would be if there was a free shuttle bus from my door...

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 1