Partner visa processing australia

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, moderators please put in right area if need be.

I was just wondering if anyone has any information on current time frames for PT visa/partner visas being granted (providing all criteria is met).

I've been told 13 months by immigration?

If anyone can provide a link to the correct area in TV that would be great.

cheers

i waited 8 months.Then she came to Australia and left me within a year after being together for 3 years.Soon as she mixed with the local Thai ladies gone.

Sorry to hear this. Just trying to work out why you feel the need to mention this here? Are you telling the op this as a warning of some sort?

There is lots of good stories also.

op, the time frame stated by DIAC is more or less a maximum time frame. Ours was granted in under 2 weeks. Reason being was they bridged my fiancées visa once we were married. All done in Australia.

Congratulations btw!

Ummmm......sorry to hear Road King, but i had two (ferang - what I thought were serious relationships ) cost me 1.2m , probably chump change for some TV fellas, but lucky I'm not a materialistic

Jay - hit the nail on the head, no matter where you are shit happens.

Krisb, thanks, this lady has not bullshitted to me, has been honest , has educated me ( and I mean stuff I never knew about but have read about, she has given me first hand info and hasn't beaten around the bush - so to speak), I have street smarts and ex military so i know a bullshit artist no matter how food they are. my misses has rold me stuff that would make the mind boggle but if you have an open mind and willing to learn, can be quite refreshing and humouris at times. Honesty is rare (so I'm told with Thai ladies) but she has not lied to me once, I cannot fault her and cannot say I wasn't warned. That's what i like!

Anyway, sorry for the rant. We're getting married next year and wanted to know expected time frames for the PT visa - cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got our processed earlier this year in 3 months when we applied off shore in Bangkok. We were told 6 months by immigration, but Bangkok staff told us that it may happen earlier which it did happen.

So, apply in instead of guessing the duration as it will not help.

You can also ask for waiver of temporary visa to go directly for permanent partner visa. This usually happens either if you can provide evidence of long term marriage/commitment, or have child which was our case.

I'm sort of following the processing times as next year my partner and I will be doing this Visa.

Recent reports have been that, if the Visa Application is conforming, complete 100%, then the time taken has been approximately 4 months ... and longer as more information is required.