DIVORCE INFO?

moorebwb

Hi ya, im divorced to my exThai wife, we got married originally in Thailand, we got divorced in the uk, i got remarried last month to a filipina ;) i heard she is lookin to remarry in Thailand, if she is divorced in uk does that mean shes divorced in Thailand? same for me even it doesnt matter to me, would i be divorced in Thailand...cheers In advance

Yes, you are both also divorced under Thai law. But as the marriage was in Thailand and the divorce in the UK, the records in Thailand will show that you both are still married. Thus the Thai government must be informed of the divorce, so you are both registered as divorced in Thailand as well.

What (probably) needs to be done is that the divorce papers must be legalized by the British embassy, next translated into Thai and then certified by the Thai MFA, before registering the divorce at the amphur. She will also need to bring the marriage certificate and in its place she gets a divorce certificate, which she hands in when she next gets married.