Nakohn Phanom Information

ricklev

I just booked a flight to Nakohn Phanom for three days. Never been there,

Can anyone recommend a scooter rental shop?

What's the best way to get from the airport to the city and vice versa?

Any suggestions for things to do? Actually I just like to to get out of Bangkok every once in a while and am happy sitting and reading in a relaxing place. No real expectations for more than that.

Meeting women? Clubs? Not the focus of my trip, but hey.......

Thanks!!

Hi

i went ther 2 weeks ago and loved the place.good food and lovely people.

dont book a hotel as there is a brand new one by the river about 500-600

.if your there on friday night go and say hi to the mayor and his freinds,

i had a great time with them all(thanks guys) their at a thai bar near the river

view hotel witch have rooms for 500,just walk in.dont no about transport as i had

my on bike,but you do need one.

kelvin.drunk.gif

I was there in September and stayed at the Room Hotel, 450 THB a night and I had a big clean room, no breakfast but they offer free coffee in the lobby.

It's located at the Northern end of the town just off from the road running along the river the turning after the Chelsea riverside restaurant which serves very good farang and Thai food and great views across to Laos.

The host there, Nicholas knows all there is to know about NP.

I visited Ho Chi Minh's house which only a small house doesn't take long to get around and also nearby is the Thai - Viet Nam cultural centre and they are located several Kms West of town.

Evening action is located around the bus station with some live music and other drinking establishments as well as some along the river road nearer the centre of town.

Thanks for the information!

Anybody happen to know the name of the new hotel?

I booked at a place called 777 Hometel

777 is bang in the middle of town and has motorcycles for hire, but down a side street. New hotel is very nice with magnificent views and located south of town (but they have a taxi tuk-tuk) and is called The River -- promotion 650thb including b/fast until new year; but not online as yet. Nice restaurant with some background entertainment.

I'll get their phone number later today for you ........

Thanks for the information!

Anybody happen to know the name of the new hotel?

I booked at a place called 777 Hometel

777 is bang in the middle of town and has motorcycles for hire, but down a side street. New hotel is very nice with magnificent views and located south of town (but they have a taxi tuk-tuk) and is called The River -- promotion 650thb including b/fast until new year; but not online as yet. Nice restaurant with some background entertainment.

I'll get their phone number later today for you ........

Thanks. I found their web and facebook page. Looks great for the price.

http://www.therivernakhonphanom.com/