breast cancer surgery

tomahawk

Not sure where you live, however can share my recent experience to help in your hospital selection.

In July I had a lump develop in my neck and went to RAM in Chiang Mai. They did a biopsy, and was told it was an infection which they would remove and test the cells. Long story short, did biopsy, removed infection, said results came back cancer free.

Within a week after the surgery I noticed the lump coming back. They said they would have to go in again to remove more infection that had returned. I decided to get a second opinion at Bumrungrad, Bangkok.

They did biopsy and did find cancer. I immediately returned to U.S., where I am now, to Mayo Clinic.

So at the very least, I would recommend going to Bangkok to Bumrungrad to get their opinion/options. They do have the latest scanners, including PetScan to check entire body to find the source of the cancer. From there, it would be your decision on action to take and where.

Best of luck, no fun at all.

From my wife's experience of 4 years ago, Dr. Kris Chatamra at Bumrungrad, He removed the tumor and then recommended radiation and chemotherapy at Chulalongkorn Hospital. My wife still travels down to see him for her 6 monthly check ups.