Where to get semi-formal not super-expensive jeans?

The Dancer

I'm looking to buy nice pair of jeans which can be worn to an upscale club or restaurant - semi-formal in the 3K b. range. Basically, a cut or two above Lee or Wranglers, not that I have anything against them (own several pairs) but it's for more special occasions.

The Emporium dept. store used to be good for this. Few years ago I got a pair of Cielo jeans there which are still in good shape. Now the Emporium seems to have gone silly hi-so. The only jeans shop I spotted there yesterday was Replay - pairs starting at 8K.

So, I would really appreciate pointers, especially to a location where I might have a choice of a few different good brands. Thanks in advance.

I don't quite understand in what situation/culture jeans would be considered semi-formal but there is a Levi outlet in Bangkok and many shops selling Levis around town. I don't recall the location of the outlet but it is accessible from the BTS (the only reason I noticed it) and a quick Google search should yiled it's exact location. The 'fashion' brands will command 'fashion' prices, higher here than in developed countries (which seems absurd as denim is very much a blue/no collar fabric).

Jeans are never anything other than casual.While some up-scale clubs might let you in wearing black jeans they would usually only do so if you had on a jacket/blazer and a decent set of shoes.

It makes far more sense to drop by a tailor and get 2 sets of slacks made that to throw that kind of cash away on "semi-formal jeans"

The only jeans shop I spotted there yesterday was Replay - pairs starting at 8K.

out of topic:

the same replay, guess,diesel,... jeans i bought them back home for less than 6K. but some people on TV still claims that Bkk is cheaper than Europe...

The only jeans shop I spotted there yesterday was Replay - pairs starting at 8K.

out of topic:

the same replay, guess,diesel,...  jeans i bought them back home for less than 6K. but some people on TV still claims that Bkk is cheaper than Europe...

Even fakes are just as expensive as back home

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Have a look in Tokyu department store on the way into MBK as they often have promotions going for clothes there...Bought some locally made thai designer jeans there for 1100 baht NOBODY and NEP brand names..both had nice double stitching and lining as well!