Apartment Hunting :/

bellexxx1

Hey guys,

Myself and my boyfriend are currently in Chiang Mai apartment hunting, and we are finding it difficult to find something suitable for short-term rental. All of the apartments that we have looked at so far come with a minimum of six months rental.

We are looking to rent a one-bedroomed apartment for one month (maybe two), and we are not too fussy about location. Our budget is 12,000 - 15,000 per month and we are willing to pay the extras for electricity and water rates. We do not need to have a kitchen, but a pool and gym would be a nice bonus to have.

Is this a realistic goal to have or are most apartments and condos only leased to long term tenants?

Any info would be appreciated,

One question?

Would you want to rent a property investment that you own in your own country for 2 months a year!

Why I say this is that it maybe takes a little bit of fore planning before you go to a another country and expect to get a room/place to live for $90-115 a week?

That is the price of a run down flea ridden bed hotel for 1 night in most countries, why is Thailand different.

Ignore the post above, keep looking you will find a place, try Smith residence, small pool and smaller gym. You may end up in a studio apt. but for 1 or 2 months should be ok. (?) If you need more space try renting 2 6-7k rooms side by side. high season is on us now so choices are more limited but with 15k to spend you will find a place good luck and enjoy your stay. As to pool and gym, maybe just join at a hotel for a month or 2, CM orchid I think is 1200B per month. Gotta be flexible.

• Like 1

The Sunshine House in the Santhitam neighborhood is very nice and rents by the month, and it's not too far of a walk to Huay Kaew Road, Kad Suan Kaew mall, etc. Also, Chiang Mai Lodge rents by the month, too. However, neither one of those places has a pool or gym.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One question?

Would you want to rent a property investment that you own in your own country for 2 months a year!

Why I say this is that it maybe takes a little bit of fore planning before you go to a another country and expect to get a room/place to live for $90-115 a week?

That is the price of a run down flea ridden bed hotel for 1 night in most countries, why is Thailand different.

Bizarre reply to say the least. w00t.gif

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for those of you that replied with HELPFUL information.

Justcrusin...We know a lot of people who are staying in apartments for much less than 15,000 a month, and they are certainly not "run down flea ridden bed hotel rooms." Thailand is different than most countries in case you haven't noticed.

Daoyai...We have tried the Smith Residence, but they are full at the minute, it's a pity as it seemed perfect for what we are looking for.

From what i gather, it's perfectly viable to rent an apartment for 15,000 a month. It's just the one month lease that is the problem. We are really flexible, and are definitely willing to make compromises as regards the pool and gym.

I will check out the other recommendations, thanks guys :)

Just as background, Chiang Mai used to have a low season and a high season. Now it has a high season and an ultra high season. We are just starting the ultra high season. Making reservations very early is the norm.

Keep looking and good luck.

In addition, what might work, but which sometimes the people renting out don't necessarily suggest themselves, is to offer more than they want, if you see a place you like. If they want to rent out for a minimum of 6 months at 10,000 per month, they might also be happy to rent out for two months at 15,000 a month instead.