Has Anyone Heard Of Sea Cross?

Rachel

Hi.

I just applied to a teaching position with a company called Sea Cross.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of them and know if they are repuatable? They are in Bangkok.

Which leads me to my second question: expats in Bangkok? Do people want to work and live in Bangkok or do most people go for the countryside?

I haven't been to Thailand and I haven't heard the greatest things about Bangkok...

Oh, and from what I can tell the pay is 400 Baht per hour and 3000 Baht / month housing allowance. This is good, right?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dreaming of being in Thailand,

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Several points:

- Will the employer provide and pay for the costs of a work permit? Will the employer take care of the costs of getting an appropriate visa inserted in your passport? Has the employer advised you what visa to get before you enter Thailand?

You cannot get a Work Permit / companion visa before you enter. After a Work Permit is issued, after you are here, you need to then get an appropriate visa in your passport (different government agencies), but the red tape concerned with the visa is easier if you have arrived in country with a certain type of visa. (I'm not meaning approval is easier, just the red tape is easier.) Go to the specific visa

area of this board for some expert advice on this subject.

- Will the employer take care of deducting / paying your taxes? Working in Thailand (part-time included) without a Work Permit can bring serious consequences.

- If payment is strictly by the hour - is there a minimum no of hours that you would be paid?

- If it's a company (rather than a school), what about if the company is too busy for staff to attend (end of month, big marketing campaign, technical problems, etc). Is there any retainer?

Over to you.

Regards