Brit found dead in Pattaya

webfact

I imagine the man, sadly, fell over because he had right-side paralysis. Reports from other news outlets say he had difficulty walking.

I don't know for sure. But having worked in hospitals before, I've seen this sort of thing happen many times unfortunately. But like I say, I don't know.

But what I'm not going to do is start posting wild assumptions of him being attacked based on a short newspaper report. Likewise I'm not going to post claims that the police didn't ask any legitimate questions, that the friend's statement was deliberately vague and ambiguous, that a Thai person tried to kill him, that he'd been drinking, that the friend held back information, that he actually lied to the police in his statement...

All of that you have spun from a short five sentence newspaper report.

Can you share a link to the friend's police statement? Because you've made some pretty big claims about it, so I'd love to read it. And obviously you can't be basing all this on just the Nation report- you're making some pretty definitive statements- not even assumptions- about what the friend told the police.

I think all of the posters who responded negatively to my post misjudged me. The point is: no disrespect to the gentleman who is dead... but all disrespect to the Thais who descend on these death scenes - and the reporters as well - and put it all in such a tidy and quick fashion,

Simply put, I emphasized that the trash reporting did not provide all the details to give what I feel is paramount to give enough information to the general readier. If you all wish to read about a 70-something gentleman dying and take the reports which are provided in this country at face value, then that is your right. I disagree.

Again, no disrespect to the gentleman; but the thing is, this is Thailand, and I know enough to know that the tripe I read when it is presented in this fashion exemplifies trash reporting, and near incompetent follow up from the ones whom we place our trust and faith in.

Thank you.

So why do you read them then?