?'s On Work Visa's. From Fl

Hello, I am a new member to the board.. I find it easier to reveiw post from other people on this site, regarding research im doing on moving to Thailand for a period of between 3-6 months... To help out whomever is kind enough to answer my questions this is the logistics of the situation... I am 20 years of age. I am currently living on the west coast of Florida in the USA. I have about 200,000 Baht as of right now, Or 7,200 USD. I am a certified diver and instructer. I am looking at moving somewhere near the water, a small travel would not discourage me. I am looking at leaving between may and june. From what I have heard rooms can be had fairly cheap between 4-10,000 baht Im told. Whats are some decent areas to move into,How much of my funds am I looking at depleteing my first month and a half.. Is it hard to obtain a visa for a 3 to 6 month period... How available are jobs to americans?, Would It at all be possible to find some type of part time work for room and board, maybe doing diving lessons? Anyone willing to share their knowledge? I would be indebted greatly to you.....

Jai

Hey thanks for all the help from the 18 people thay veiwed this post....Appreciate It alot..... If any of you fine folks ever want to come to my coast, I be more than happy to take you out to the middle of the gulf of mexico and leave you there.....

Thanks

Jess

Hey thanks for all the help from the 18 people thay veiwed this post....Appreciate It alot..... If any of you fine folks ever want to come to my coast, I be more than happy to take you out to the middle of the gulf of mexico and leave you there.....

Thanks

Jess

Now there's a way to win 'em over :o

talk about naivety!

Jess, your chances of finding a job are less than slim!

Come to Thailand on a tourist visa and investigate what's available if there is anything. Try Phuket or Kho Samui, but your funds are insufficient to last you long enough to find a job!

opalhort

talk about naivety!

Jess, your chances of finding a job are less than slim!

Come to Thailand on a tourist visa and investigate what's available if there is anything. Try Phuket or Kho Samui, but your funds are insufficient to last you long enough to find a job!

opalhort

He could Google out info on dive schools and email them to establish whether they had vacancies that might suit him.

Whoa Whoa, I did not log out and my housemate issued a reply his name is Jess, mines Jai... Sorry about that thanks for the info though....I wasnt planning on staying long like I said 3 months or so.. So I figured around 7,500 USD would be sufficient... It would be great to find a job to prolong my stay, If thats what I chose to do. Dr Pat... Do you know of any Resorts or maybe diving schools in the areas that were suggested or do you know of any other areas that might be suitable...(NOTE:Am very exp Diver, Was a Navy Seal..Mostly recovery..) Wether or not thats helps my situation..... Also what would you suggest for a first time visitor? What kind of itinerary. Any info would be greatly appreciated.........

Thanks

Jai