Indonesian Leader Deplores Statement by Aussie PM

News_Editor

Sure, let them build their own schools. They'll be funded by the islamic version of God botherers and teach intolerance.

Just what we need over our northern borders, ey Chooka?

Irrespective of Australia building schools for Indonesia does not mean Australia will have any control over the curriculum taught in the end otherwise the same result is likely to occur as in the Southern Thailand where Thai teachers become the target of separatist’s.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, let them build their own schools. They'll be funded by the islamic version of God botherers and teach intolerance.

Just what we need over our northern borders, ey Chooka?

Irrespective of Australia building schools for Indonesia does not mean Australia will have any control over the curriculum taught in the end otherwise the same result is likely to occur as in the Southern Thailand where Thai teachers become the target of separatist’s.

AusAID’s Basic Education Program led to the building and fit-out of more than 2000 state schools, mostly in poor and remote parts of Indonesia. These offer alternatives to the conservative ideas taught in many peasant/madrassas and give children a chance to sit national exams. This program covered the period 2005 – 2011 & as far as I am aware, to date, no Islamic extremist attacks on the schools or staff.

http://aid.dfat.gov.au/publications/pages/9890_5853_7042_3555_1061.aspx

Hmmm....I had put that horror right out of my mind. Can't sing, can't dance, can't write, barely speak....great, let's make him minister of education. That clip is really cringeful...( if that's a word)

About the Yanks coming to our rescue should the Natives to the North get any ideas.

I don't think we've a clip yet so ...

I'm much happier he's out of Politics now.

Tidy pension though ... rolleyes.gif

Hmmm....I had put that horror right out of my mind. Can't sing, can't dance, can't write, barely speak....great, let's make him minister of education. That clip is really cringeful...( if that's a word)

About the Yanks coming to our rescue should the Natives to the North get any ideas.

I'm a huge midnight oil fan. One of the greatest rock bands to ever come out of Australia. AC/DC are number one, Cold Chisel number 2 and oils number 3

I'm a huge midnight oil fan. One of the greatest rock bands to ever come out of Australia. AC/DC are number one, Cold Chisel number 2 and oils number 3

As least we can nearly agree on something. 1 - AC/DC, 2 - Midnight Oil, 3 - Radiators (drummer was a friend)

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Australian Crawl

Icehouse

Cold Chisel/Crowded House

Where were we?

Sorry, but Crowded House are not nor ever will be Australian, well unless NZ cedes to Australia and becomes like Tasmania :P

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Pm Tony Abbott yesterday told Indonesia to get over the spying episode as it was not doing the relations between the two countries any good. The Deputy has already addressed the issue and no other apology would be made from Canberra.